Need a good Primer for DiSEqC and 22k!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pdnettles

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 23, 2005
Garland, Tx
Hey Guys,

Where could one find a good elementary book or explaination of hooking up DiSEq switches and just how the 22k tone works to switch between LNB's? Also trying to understand how 22k switches polarazition on Std LNB's, and Hi/Lo L.O. on a universal LNB :confused:

PD

Didn't get any answers on the question the first time I asked, so thought I'ed try again :(
Can anyone point me somewhere to "study Up"?

PD

Where could one find a good elementary book or explaination of hooking up DiSEq switches and just how the 22k tone works to switch between LNB's? Also trying to understand how 22k switches polarazition on Std LNB's, and Hi/Lo L.O. on a universal LNB

This is what I know about them…take it as is

Diseqc switches basically are automatic a/b or a/b/c/d switches. You hook up your dishes and tell the receiver which port to use for each satellite…and it works : )

22k switches work basically the same as a 2x1 switch and people have used them for that purpose. You can’t cascade diseqcs together so if you need more than 4 dishes, you can use a 22k first (or last) in the setup to have 5-8 dishes to one receiver. I have used a 22k switch in place of a 2x1 diseqc switch.

I don’t understand exactly how the Universal is set up. It probably has 2 LO frequencies in it
9750 22k off
10600 22k on

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)