need an explanation.

tinydoughboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
Jacksonville, NC
So, I find out that locals are FINALLY available in Greenville, NC. I called this morning to put in my order to upgrade. I am going to need a wing dish 61.5 to get them.............I go to work today...come home no SD locals.....I called Dish and they tell me that because I have an order in for HD they have to remove my SD channels until they intall the dish. . .Now this makes NO FREAKIN SENSE TO ME...........

So I ask them well only channel 9 is going to be in HD....and asked if I would get channel 9 in hd and the rest in SD they say no?????...Then the guys says well all 4 of your locals will be in HD so you won't have to worry about that.

So anyone that has any knowledge is this accurate??? Should I be calling back???? My appt isn't until Sunday and I have to wait 3 days.....r you kidding me?

Sound like they did not setup the order correctly, call back later tonight (when it's quite) and see if another CSR can fix it. If not ask for a supervisor. I feel your pain.:eek:

Sound like they did not setup the order correctly, call back later tonight (when it's quite) and see if another CSR can fix it. If not ask for a supervisor. I feel your pain.:eek:

What do you mean call back when it's quite? Do you mean when it's q-u-i-e-t?

Nick

Dishes software will not allow an install for locals when the system thnks you have locals so they need to be removed so they can set up the install. I know it's stupid that way be that is how it works.

Got a buddy of mine on the other side of town that did his order right after mine, and he still has his locals. . . So I mean I understand sometimes a "code" is grandfathered and once it's gone it's gone, But I mean this is crazy!

I think I heard it explained that they have to "disconnect" the locals in order to place the install in the system, but then, afterwards, they are supposed to reauthorize your SD locals. That's what some have reported in the past.

I had the same thing happen last week. I called to ask about getting HD locals for Madison. E* wanted $60 for wing dish install. I declined the wing dish install since only one local HD channel is available at this time, and I'm currently pulling everything in OTA. When I got home that afternoon my guide data was missing for my OTA and my dish fed locals were gone. I called E* to get my guide data and locals back. They said the only way I can get them back was to set up an install of a wing dish. Since they screwed up the install will be free.

Does anyone know if I will be able to get my HD programing on 61.5 that I'm currently getting off 129? It doesn't even take rain to knock out my 129 signal, a dark to the south will break up the signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts