Need an FTA service

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have hard time understanding the # on the rail
according to satlex, If I want sats from 82W to 122W
82W : L -26.5
122W: R 23.6
Please help me with my questions:

1) I don't get these #s, the extreme # I could see on the rail is 24 (R and L), so what 26.5 means?
2) since 122-82=40 degree which is the max I could get with T90, why would they have different locations -26.5 and 23.6!! shouldn't they have the same location (R and L), like 26 and 26 or 24 and 24...
2) what's the significance of the extreme right/Left on the rail, it's supposed to be + or - 20 degree right? so why the scale shows 24

Sorry for the newbie questions

Last edited:
R and L are the degrees of skew of the LNB. Not the position on the rail.

my bad, makes perfect sense now
How about the fact that the rail is from -24 to +24, does that mean that I will have extra space from -24 to -20 and from +20 to +24
I'm trying to get 82 to 129, having my new DN sub and old BEV sub that I still pay for.
Im wondering what LNB bracket to choose to get 129W, Im between these 2
Magic Bracket
Germany Bracket
I like the 1st better because you can play with angles 360 degree. but I'm not sure if it can be attached to the rail

Thanks

there are a few different ways to aim this dish if that is what you are asking.....

the first would be to pick the satellite between your range which would be about 105 or 103....place a linear lnb in the center slot and aim for this satellite....once you have this satellite peaked in and the skew set properly, adding any other satellites should just be a matter of sliding the lnbs left or right on the rail to peak in the signal....

the second way would be to place a circular lnb at the extreme right hand side of the dish (looking from behind the dish) and aim the dish at 82w using this lnb....once you have 82w peaked in on this lnb and the skew properly set, adding any other satellites should just be a matter of sliding the lnbs left or right on the rail to peak in the signal....

I wanna go with the 1st way, except that I don't know if the rails covers more than 40degrees, I think it can as I was able to see some setup with 48 degrees the rail only
Im wondering if 47 degrees is doable with the rail only or I have to pick up a bracket
the t90 rails has 48 degrees and something span, that's that mean real 48!!!

added: if I do the middle between 82 and 129 and then it appears that the rail wont cover 47degrees, the extreme LNBs will be out of rail. that why I should know exactly what is the center satellite for which 82W will be at the extreme right of the rail

Last edited:
that why I should know exactly what is the center satellite for which 82W will be at the extreme right of the rail

aiming the dish using the second method i described WILL make 82w the extreme right of the rail

where abouts are you located? i mean what line of long?....this will determine your approximate skew setting which should be set before you do any aiming

I completely understand your point
let's say my central sat is 105W, 105-82=23, if the rail is not long enough (only 21 or 22), 82 will be out of rail. same thing for 129.
that's why knowing what is the max range the rail could offer is very important for me. I don't know people with T90 would say about that

T90 covers 40 degrees or more??

As you ca see here
I'm trying to get sats which are 47degree apart.
T90 claims we can only get up to 40 degrees, however the rails shows +/- 24 which is 48 degrees
someone already reported that he was able to do 47 degrees in his setup
based on people having experience with T90, is 47 degrees feasible with the rail only, or I should get an extra bracket
what's the max range you could get with the T90 rail?

Last edited:
R and L are the degrees of skew of the LNB. Not the position on the rail.
On a T-90 the skew is set once for the whole dish and only slightly tweaked at each LNB (except for AMC1 KU @ 103W which has a funny skew). I believe those are positions on the rail, being as skew for Boston, MA is -11.8 degrees for 82W and +40.8 for 123W. I chose Boston - not knowing what city the OP is in within MA.
Bob

what's the max range you could get with the T90 rail?

im not sure your going to find anybody who can answer that question for you....

if the rails say +/- 24 degrees then i would assume you can get 48 degrees of the arc....best thing to do would be to try it out and see....if it doesnt work then find a way to basically extend the rail like you said....experimenting is half the fun with this hobby....

i have never owned a T90 but have set one up before....when these dishes first came out i was thinking about buying one....in the end i decided to get a motorized dish instead for the one simple fact that i did not want to be limited to only 40 degrees (or there abouts) of the arc....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)