Need for HWS?

zooky

Original poster
Feb 4, 2014
wa
When does one need an HWS? I had a Sling when I just had a DVR but the Technician removed it when my Hopper was installed. Yes, I do use Broadband.

When does one need an HWS? I had a Sling when I just had a DVR but the Technician removed it when my Hopper was installed. Yes, I do use Broadband.

My understanding is the HWS is the newest version of the Hopper. So even if you don't use the Sling part you recieved a better hopper. As far as the installer removing the slingbox I hope he left it with you and just disconnected it. It is a nice feature if you travel a lot or are able to stroke off at work. ;)

If you got HWS you don't need it really. In addition to being faster than H2K, HWS also gives you the ability to transfer shows to a phone or tablet for offline viewing.

I have both a HWS and a H2K with a Sling Adapter. Love the flexibility of being able to view live programming on two devices simultaneously (lot's of kids!).

One question for the group though .. does anyone know if a Sling Adapter will work with a Super Joey?

We think not. Too many streams to and from the Hopper.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts