Please reply by conversation.

Long Hair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Mo
Can someone i.d. this dish. The guy wants 50 greenbacks for it,but with the
ripped up mesh I don't think It's worth that. Maybe someone will see something
that I don't.He thinks it's a 10 or 12ft. Looks like a 10' to me. Do the support arms look right? Any info would help,thanks guys.

Attachments

• 103_0819.JPG
    103_0819.JPG
    539.3 KB · Views: 241
  • 103_0820.JPG
    103_0820.JPG
    599.2 KB · Views: 246
  • 103_0821.JPG
    103_0821.JPG
    573.6 KB · Views: 242
that is a Gram, they where noted for the dish reflector getting blown of of it's back frame, the 4-bolts that is held by will pull right threw the ribs where they are bolted.

Did you get to look under that LNB cover?
Kinda reminds me af a BV mesh, but haven't seen one in about 17+ years, so the memory is kinda faded. But it did have the struts mounted well in from the perimeter, Would go look, but know the one I'm thinking about was scrapped many yrs ago.

I agree that it looks like a 10 footer.

Besides the dish and polar mount, if you needed the parts the pole and that Von Weise actuator would be worth a few bucks, a CoRotor and some nice CalAmp or Norsat LNBs would be sweet too.

And FaT Air, I don't think BV ever made a "mesh" dish, but they did make a perforated dish. You are correct that the feed support arms did mount a ways in from the perimeter of the dish on the BVs. :)

that is a Gram, they where noted for the dish reflector getting blown off of it's back frame, the 4-bolts that is held by will pull right threw the ribs where they are bolted.
So I guess this is not to good of a dish,and I should look else where?:up

So I guess this is not to good of a dish,and I should look else where?:up

not really, they do performed good, just not that sturdy of a dish, they have a lot of flex in the dish too. now it is just the way that the reflector bolts to back ring, a very poor design. not like any of the other mess dish company's that had squared U bracket that bolted threw a both ribs where the pie sections bolted together. Gram just had 4-5/16" bolts going threw 1 rib of the dish vertically. not many of them left here in Fla. due to our tropical storms that we get. now if you're in a area of the US that does not get very high winds or heavy snow you should be ok, also I am pointing this flaw out to you so you can be aware of it, but they do play good.

not really, they do performed good, just not that sturdy of a dish, they have a lot of flex in the dish too. now it is just the way that the reflector bolts to back ring, a very poor design. not like any of the other mess dish company's that had squared U bracket that bolted threw a both ribs where the pie sections bolted together. Gram just had 4-5/16" bolts going threw 1 rib of the dish vertically. not many of them left here in Fla. due to our tropical storms that we get. now if you're in a area of the US that does not get very high winds or heavy snow you should be ok, also I am pointing this flaw out to you so you can be aware of it, but they do play good.

Thanks for the reply,I guess I can call the guy and take a closer look.Maybe there's someone good under the cone.:) I just checked my email and some lady has a dish for free,the only problem with it is,I don't like the idea of mounting a fiberglass dish on a 9ft. high pole. And even if it had a great lnb/feedhorn I don't know how or where to get rid of the dish itself.

Attachments

• general pictures Aug 2009 032.JPG
    general pictures Aug 2009 032.JPG
    710.7 KB · Views: 162
phlatwound, thanks for refreshing my memory, Might be CRS affliction acting up again. You are correct. The BV
s were PERF.

Looking at the polar mount it looks that it is old KTI 10 footer dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pole/hole overkill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)