Need Info On HDTV antenna?

ceese

Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
Hello all and thanks for anyone with insight. I am here in Oklahoma and currently have dishnetwork. I have one 522 dual tuner dvr. I have not ordered any hd pacs yet but I did buy an hdtv antenna, its a philips brand. Questions are is there any way to have those local hd channels from antenna added on my dish channel listings or do I have to continue to switch over to the HD over air? Also sometimes some HD broadcast channels come in some times and some days it doesn't. I currently have antenna plugged directly into hdtv, any idea if it would work better plugging it into the reciever?

Your 522 receiver knows nothing about "HD". Did you mean 622 ?? If it's a 522, then no, you'll need to continue to "switch".

As for the "HD broadcast channels", there's no such thing. Channels are analog or digital. You're referring to the digital channels and not everything they have will be in HD. After 8pm, odds are pretty good the program is in HD though. You will still receive the analog and digital channels, showing the same programming generally. Make sure you're tuned to the digital one. The analog channel may have a banner that says "Broadcast in HD where available" but they're referring to the other channel.

Last edited:
Most of the digitals will have a number sequence like 8.1, 8.2, 8.3, etc. Most Network programming is in HD from 7pm till 10pm, Letterman and Leno are as well as The Today show and some Soaps.

If you are any kind of decent distance from the TV transmitters, you might be better off going with an outdoor antenna, I don't reccomend indoor antenna's for any one, only because TV signals don't work well inside.. get a decent antenna rated for you location outside with a mast mounted Pre Amp, and you will have good signal all day and all night.. I am more than 60 miles from my local transmitters and I have been able to get reliable HD reception by spending less than $200. Add the antenna rotator that is going up tomorrow, and that makes it $300 and I can choose the DMA that I watch locals from.

Sacramento HD Locals problem....

Super Bowl Audio Drop Outs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)