Need Remote Expert Help! URC7960

Discussion in 'The Hopper Zone' started by deerewright, May 31, 2012.

1. deerewright

deerewright Thread Starter Member

I just purchased an URC7960 from the UK so I could get the PS3 adapter. I have my xsight touch set up to use the ps3 adapter by copying the keys over from the 7960. I want to use the 7960 with my hopper/joey, but none of the Dish/Echostar codes supplied in the manual work, nor any from the UK website. I have tried to enter the typical Dish codes, 0775, 1505, 1775, but it will not accept any of those codes. Am I SOL? I know I how to copy key functions, but the 7960 only has about 100 key memory?, so I would rather have an equipment code that will work.

Also, anyone know of a code I could use in my ARXX18G Xsight Touch for the 7960's PS3 Bluetooth adapter?

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

2. n0qcu

n0qcu Supporting Founder
    Supporting Founder

Did you turn on the IR remote function on your Hopper?
    Yellow - 6

3. deerewright

Yes, I've been using my Xsight touch with the Hopper.

4. mdavej

mdavej Active SatelliteGuys Member

Our resident JP1 expert already explained this in great detail in another forum. But that UK remote does not have Dish codes or even a protocol that would work with advanced codes. If you like that model, why not buy the US version that does have Dish codes? It's less than $30 most places. And why not buy/build a JP1 cable for it and load the Dish protocol. That can be done for around $5.

The 18G works fine with the 7960's PS3 adapter. Any sony blu-ray or DVD code should work. They were listed in the adapter manual last time I checked.

5. deerewright

Thanks mdavej, I think you helped me out in another forum... I purchased a URC 9910 a few years back with the intention of getting into JP1 - an extension of my Tiv* modifying ;), but never got there. Am now thinking about ordering/building a cable to get going again.

I bought the UK version mostly for the PS3 adapter, but I'm using my xsight for the main TV, PS3, Hopper, DVD-VCR. I just wanted to use the 7960 for the bedroom TV, Joey. If I buy another remote at this point, I won't be sleeping in the bedroom for awhile :D....

Is that for loading Dish protocols on the 7960? I tried google without success; is it @ JP1 forums?

The PS3 adapter manual? I don't see any codes in the PS3 adapter manual. Just the codes for the 7960 in its manual.

6. mdavej

mdavej Active SatelliteGuys Member

I've been in the doghouse many times for my remote habit. I know exactly where you're coming from.

Unfortunately, learning or a JP1 cable is the only way to get Dish to work on the 7960. Details are in 3FG's reply in the hifi-remote.com JP1 forums.

I couldn't find the code in the manual like I thought, but it was in their FAQ:
    So just add DVD - One For All - PS3 and it should work.

VigLink badge
Sucuri