Need to have the satellite moved

Aerc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 30, 2009
PA
Ok so we rent out house. The owner of the house is having the roof re-shingle and he said that he doesn't want holes in the roof.

So is it possible to have dish network come out and put them on the side of the house?

Last edited:
Ok so we rent out house. The owner of the house is having a the roof re-shingle and he said that he doesn't want holes in the roof.

So is it possible to have dish put the 2 dishes we have on the side of the house?

pending on your location ... usually the dish has to face the south southwest... for 61.5 south south east...

This is a picture of how our house is set up. Terrible picture but best I can do. If it is moved to the east side I have a feeling the tree would get in the way.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 223
Southwest for 500, 500+ or 1000.2 Dish. Southeast for 1000.4 Dish. 1000.4 might be an issue with that tree, (depending on the trees actual location.) What set up do you have currently? There is always the pole option instead of the house. Landlord might prefer that, then there are NO holes in his house, roof or siding.

Pole mount on the south end of the house. No holes. And if tree location is accurately depicted on the picture, no tree issues either. :)

yeah, it's going on a pole at teh south end of his house. His reception will be AWESOME but uplinks will be kinda tough

yep

and here I thought this thread was moving of the satellite ;)

Was gonna have to tell him that the sat couldn't be moved but a dish can. I guess I should now go to what's annoying me in the pub and post. It really does bug me that people use the word sat when it is the dish they are talking about.

It really does bug me that people use the word sat when it is the dish they are talking about.
Sorry

So they are coming tomorrow morning to move them. I'm not exactly sure where but hopefully they will be easier to clean out during the winter.

Thanks

The guy came out and was completely rude. He said that there was nothing he could do and just left.

I have another one coming tomorrow. Hopefully they will be helpful. If they aren't I might have to cancel and go back to comcast.

You can mount the dishes on the side board of the north side of the roof and it will get the signal over the roof to the south east and clear the tree.

Hi, did you get this resolved? If not where is the front of the house? If the house is one story and the back yard is to the north or west a poll mount to the north west shooting over the house might work well and keep the dish hidden. To shoot over the house the poll would only need to be about 4 feet above ground and I would guess about 15 to 20 feet away from the house to clear the root. I'm assuming the living room must be on the north end of the house that's why the dishes were mounted there to begin with. If that is the case the cable run would be much shorter then if the dish was mounted on the south side. Hope this helps, DC

The picture seems to be incorrect. The easyest test of where a dish will or not work is to look to the sun. 119-110 will work if you have an unobscurred view of the sun at about 5-6pm 61.5 will be seen at about 12 below the position of the sun. Remember the sun can not be even filtered by anything. Must have a clear line of sight. If this is true then there are several reasons that the first tech. could not do the install, no poles on the truck, the w/o was incorrect, something about the job would cause the job to fail dish inspection, and a number of other issues which would cost the tech(if he were a sub) more than he would make or it could be a true NLOS unless it were put on the roof..

The guy is currently here. Seems real nice. He is currently moving both dishes. He is putting both west side of the house. One on a pole and one on the siding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)