Need to run 2 recievers from 1 cable. How?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
texasbrit said:
But what is true, and I think what you may be getting at, is that if you set receiver I to a channel (say ESPN) and you set receiver II to the same channel, they will (should) both work...

Exactly. If the intent is to watch the same channel on both receivers then it should work. In addition, under your scenario with ESPN, can you not watch any other channel on Receiver II that belongs to the same set that ESPN belongs to? I imagine there are quite a few channels on the same set as ESPN.

The problem that could be created is if someone at Receiver II changes the channel to something that causes Receiver II to generate the 22 kHz tone. This would then cause the multi-switch to switch and you would lose ESPN on Receiver I. So, install a filter that notches 22kHz between Receiver II and the splitter and it would render Recevier II completely docile.

yes, that's how it works - and that's why you can't use splitters, one of your receivers loses half its channels. And its worse if you select a channel on receiver II that would normally generate the tone. The receiver thinks it is seeing the channel but it's actually coming from the wrong satellite.
If you have a transponder channel map you can work out which channels are accessible and which are not. But why would you want to try to manage such a mess?

texasbrit said:
If you have a transponder channel map you can work out which channels are accessible and which are not. But why would you want to try to manage such a mess?

Someone brought up temporarily having multiple TVs in the same room for something like Sunday Ticket earlier in the thread. Not sure if all ST are on the same transponder though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.