jawxx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2012
United States
Quick background in this installation.

Hopper 2000
2 Joeys
2 lines from 44 switch, ports 3 and 4 into solo node with client capped off in basement of apartment building. Not possible to run two lines.
Tap in apartment junction
Single line to hopper
3 way splitter off client of tap
2 lines to 2 joeys
3rd line to another room for expansion, cable jack in this room is capped
All 3Ghz RG6
Hopper connected to broadband directly with ethernet.

Joeys are repeatedly popping up with Error 1316 as often as every 10 minutes at times. After maybe 30 seconds to a minute they will go back to TV once they relink with the Hopper. Both Joeys display it at the same time.

Error 1316
"Another TV has reset the Moca connection. This will interrupt your live video until the connection test is complete"

As far as I'm aware the only TV that can perform this option is the Hopper. This is the message that the Joeys will receive if you were to manually go into broadband setup on the Hopper and choose 'reset connection.' If performing this action manually the Hopper continues to play video but a message on the screen says something like "now resetting your connection, this will interrupt your joeys, etc etc" That is normal circumstance.

When the Joeys in this home get the error nothing is amiss on the Hopper's screen and it works as normal.

Every connector is perfect. Every barrel is blue. Node has been replaced. Hopper has been replaced. Both joeys have been replaced.

It appears the connection to the clients is being severed by a network reset even though this command was not given. As typing this I wondered if their internet could play an issue if it drops in and out. As you've probably seen now when you connect the internet to the Hopper if will automatically reset the network and bridge it to the Joeys. Is is plausible that if a DSL connection dropped out for even a few seconds, the Hopper could see it as a new connection when it pops back on?

Otherwise I have no idea. I await suggestions.

I will pass those suggestions along. Right now I have the customer just using the system without the ethernet connected at all to see if that was a source of the problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts