Network Diagnostic Coide 79-920

Status
Please reply by conversation.

toolman90

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 13, 2009
Ohio
On August 10, 2012 I discoverd that I could not play any recorded shows on MRV or on the box itself. I resest the box to factory defaults and would allow me to play shows on the box and on my other MRV boxs but seemed laggy responding to commands on my other boxs. On my second DVR I can play recordings and access MRV from the other boxs just fine. When I ran a system test on all my boxs except the DVR that I had problems with playing recordings and getting MRV to work, I get this error

1. Network
This Receiver appears to be experiancing network playback errors. If you are experiencing problems watching recorded content, Please call Customer Service at 1-800-DIRECTV and report the diagnostic code displayed below.

Diagnostic Code: 79-920

I called DIRECTV and they scheduled a service call but wanted to know what would cause this problem when everything was working great until August 10 2012

Well code 79 means that your system has dropped several MRV sessions over the last 5 days. You must have seen a number of 771 codes before the 79. Anyway, the source that I use mentions that this typically comes from loose connections or non-MRV/SWM compliant components. Unless you are really comfortable with checking all the connections and know whether or not you equipment is up to spec, it is probably better to just wait for a tech.

Code 920 means that you have missing guide data.

One thing that works for me with the 771 error is to just unplug the offending DVR and plug it back in. That usually resets any addressing problems and restores MRV connectivity. Without knowing more about your system (CCK installed, number of receivers, etc.) this is about as far as anyone can go with trying to give you support.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts