New 0.9.5303 fiwmware

pwrsurge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2007
Canada
Version 0.9.5303 of the firmware for AzBox is now available.
The notes for this firmware state:
added finland and denmark cable freq | fixed streaming

You can get it from the main AZBox Snapshots firmware site. For those of you who find it slow to download from there, we just opened a mirror site in Canada at http://fw.azbox.ca which might be faster for you guys. You can either download directly from your AzBox by changing the update URL with the green button from http://www.azupd.com to http://fw.azbox.ca or by going on the website with your computer and downloading the firmware on your USB stick.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Fixed the streaming for one thing.
Gotta give them some credit Iceberg, they are being responsive and making some changes along the way.
With everything this box is capable of, it is not an easy task making a change. There are tons of items that need checking so if one thing is missed well they are trying to get it corrected.
Add to all this one new site where the files can be downloaded! :)

Thanks for the new link PwrSurge!!!!

Ice, what is the Diseqc 1.2 problem again?

I think what he's talking about is that when you do a blind scan the AZBox will somehow reset the east limit on both a Vbox and Gbox to whatever satellite it was that you scanned. Then you have to clear and reset the east limit. It does this on both my Elite and Ultra.

Was just going to load 5301 this morning and noted the 5303 on the FTP site. Lots of updates lately, maybe with this one I can get the streaming to work.
-C.

Lone Gunman said:
I think what he's talking about is that when you do a blind scan the AZBox will somehow reset the east limit on both a Vbox and Gbox to whatever satellite it was that you scanned. Then you have to clear and reset the east limit. It does this on both my Elite and Ultra.

i dont notice this with my elite. although i didnt think it could blind scan.

crackt out,.

I have not seen this issue on mine. When I store lets say 79W at P12 (600) it always go to P12 at 600 clicks from day 1 till this day. The issue is that after a while (several east-west travels) P12 @ 600 no longer stops at the exact spot on the arm length that i marked at first install (my TS) therefore I have te re-adjust all sats positions (with the controller's remote) a few clicks west (it is on 615 already) but it will always go to P12 (615) from now on. That issue is related to no ground or shield on the pulse cable due to lack of ground connection at the controller (Vbox) (only old analog or maybe DC II sat receivers used to have a ground connection for the shield of the reed switch cable) therefore the controller misses counts overtime. In my case the cheap controler is at fault here not the Azbox.

Just finished upgrading to 5303 (from 5020) and ran it through some basic recording tests. Everything went fine. The big difference I found was that with 5303 I was actually able to record and playback channels in the NBC mux on 103 (ex. NBC Mountain, NBC West) which with 5020 always stuttered/froze/crashed & burned! Don't know whether the previous versions that I didn't try (5300-5302) could also do this or not, but I am pleased with 5303 so far!

5303 Works With Internal HD - Great Upgrade:
As mentioned by Stargaze and Keith, for the first time I have been able to record and playback on the internal HD with my AZbox Premium Plus on Galaxy 16 / 99.0W on those ABC Channels: ABC HD Net 1,11, and 7, as well as the GDMX Channels, no more lockups and stuttering. This is the first time I have seen an actual great improvement re streaming - Kudos to Onsat.

wont work...just tried it

they still dont show in the list :(

You may not see them on your list but use the MAZ editor program and click on FTP on your Azbox, then look at the recordfile under the hdb1 directory.
You should see a file that begins with the channel name you tried recording,
like GDMX6_1xxxx, the file extension needs to be changed since it appears to be listed as (.tmp) when it should be (.ts)
I had seen this now several time trying it out and others confirmed it did the same for them also.

One reported using an older firmware to record those channels, so this is something in the firmware that is causing this to happen.

I doubt I would have found the file extension thing if it were not testing something out when trying to see about recording to a flash drive and that is when I saw what was going on with the file extension being incorrect.

I have the issue on mine. If I turn the AZbox off then turn it on and move the dish to another satellite then the dish is off by a few clicks and I have to adjust it using the Gbox remote to get full signal.

You may not see them on your list but use the MAZ editor program and click on FTP on your Azbox, then look at the recordfile under the hdb1 directory.
You should see a file that begins with the channel name you tried recording,
like GDMX6_1xxxx, the file extension needs to be changed since it appears to be listed as (.tmp) when it should be (.ts)
I had seen this now several time trying it out and others confirmed it did the same for them also.

the issue is the ethernet port on mine is shot (known issue and I've reported it a few times) so unless Maz can read the drive if I hook it top the computer (highly unlikely as the drive is formatted to linux) I wont be able to use it for that purpose. Oh well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts