New Access Card on Old Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

drwindmill

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 16, 2005
If I were to give my brother an older TIVO receiver, would he need to get a new access in order to activate it under his account? I know that D* used to let you use the old one, but not sure about now....

He needs new card, they will FedEx it for $20 I think, be sure to ask them to credit him back that fee after he activates within the 14 day time.

The easyist way is what Claude said.

Access cards are not transferrable to a new owner. Starting VERY SOON, DTV will no longer be supplying new cards for older receivers. I had a customer who needed to use an Older Sony B50 for a Datron RV dish. Newer receivers do not have the required data port. When I called to get the new card, I was told about the new policy. It sounded like they were going to stop supporting the transfer of older receivers very soon, like next month.

If I were to give my brother an older TIVO receiver, would he need to get a new access in order to activate it under his account? I know that D* used to let you use the old one, but not sure about now....

You didn't say if he was swapping from an older box, but if he IS swapping an older receiver, just have him remove the card from the old box, put it in your Tivo & have D* remarry the card. Piece of cake & NO 2-year commitment... ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)