New azbox software out

B.J.

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 15, 2008
Western Maine
I'm curious whether this new firmware has made any changes relative to streaming TO the Azbox? Ie I keep hoping that eventually http mode can be made to work, instead of just UDP, as I'd really like to be able to stream from TSREADER.
Sort of waiting for significant changes in this respect before putting in new firmware versions.

AcWxRadar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 26, 2006
40 miles NW of Omaha. Omaha?
I didnt know the elite had a fan...if it did that is one quiet fan :)

No fan on the Elite, but I believe there is a spot on the Board to plug one in.

I cannot speak for the ELITE, but my Premium does not have a cooling fan at all and doesn't require one. It runs so cool even with an internal HDD installed that it is not necessary. My Coolsat runs about the same temp.

I have left both the Coolsat and the AZBox running 24/7 and there is no problem with either.

I thinkk that there is too much hype regarding this issue. I go ahead and let them run and I monitor the temp (just by feeling the chassis with my hand) and it is barely over room temperature.

I don't think that there is a reason to fret here.

RADAR

AcWxRadar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 26, 2006
Radar-
I believe your unit has an External Power Supply.

Yes Lak,

This is correct, I have the "Premium" model instead of the "Elite" and the power supply is external. Therefore, the fan is not incorporated into the unit. From the rest of you, sounds like there is no fan in the Elite model, either. I assume that the fan is an optional add-on??

The external power supply does not get exceptionaly warm, but if it were enclosed in the receiver's housing, it probably would build up to a point that would not be good for the other circuitry and the HDD.

RADAR

Last edited:

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
This is correct, I have the "Premium" model instead of the "Elite" and the power supply is external. Therefore, the fan is not incorporated into the unit. From the rest of you, sounds like there is no fan in the Elite model, either. I assume that the fan is an optional add-on??

From what I've read, there's a fan in the Plus. They said when the Plus was announced that all three would have the same software releases, but obviously I have no way of verifying that this is what's happening.

putney

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 12, 2009
St Louis, missouri
Such as?

Not saying makes me want to try it more! ;)

Ok,

• my Sat list disappeared...and then reappeared.

• Going from TV to Settings takes about two minutes.

• streaming from the Az doesn't work at all now

• my channel list shows but is all grayed out.. but then works two minutes later

• when going from TV to (photo,movies, etc) then back to TV the default list is 'ALL'

I did a format and reinstall and switching speed is restored, but streaming still not working.
Menu overall is slower than previous releases.

AcWxRadar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 26, 2006
Please make note of my UPDATE to the STICKY regarding CHANNEL BACKUPS.

I just found this information out today during an experiment with a new AZBox Premium receiver (a virgin box). The information might be important to you.

RADAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)