new carbon ui hopper experence app this morning

I recommend Allen be banned from this Thread, Until the UI is released.
I recommend that a requirement be established that he show at least two unique and largely unrelated reasons for his comments as part of every post and that "I would like something new" never be among them. Further, subsequent posts must not re-use any previously arguments nor include phrases like "it has been n time units since I last asked". Anything prefaced with "scott said" is off the table.

Of course proper writing style must also be exercised. Anything less is dismissive of other participant's sensibilities.

I'm not sure how accurate this is but I just had a Dish installer here doing some cleanup on my recent install. I asked him when the new Carbon UI would be released and he said it has been scrapped. Too many issues and a lot of complaints. The general consensus was that it was a step back from the current UI.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not sure how accurate this is but I just had a Dish installer here doing some cleanup on my recent install. I asked him when the new Carbon UI would be released and he said it has been scrapped. Too many issues and a lot of complaints. The general consensus was that it was a step back from the current UI.
I would say that installer is wrong. ;)

We would have heard something here first. Sounds like a pissed installer who is making his own assumptions, and presenting them as facts.

Reactions: simplexswrhs90
From what I understood, he's one of those employees who's been using it and initial feedback has not been positive. I assume he's more "in the know" than the rest of us but perhaps not.

As reported before, thanks to leaks it is well known that employees were using it(thanks Reddit). That being said, he would likely have minimum access to the complaints being made about it. When I worked there, we had a forum to ask about stuff and make our complaints, but that was zero indication on the actual plans of use. The reason, confidentiality. If he was at a level where he would have that information, he wouldn't be able to talk so freely about it. Also, our fearless leader Scott here, has more corporate ties with inside scoops. Remember, SG knew about the Carbon UI before the rest of the world, including the reps. Scott had a special show with Vivek Khemka, and Khemka even corns here and posts every so often. So I would blow it off as an employee talking out their arse.

The old UI is totally fine.
They should worry about the dated Hopper platform first.
Then worry about the UI for all the old Hoppers.
There were many threads last year on multiple forums talking about how dated the old UI looks. To be honest, I would rather both, and they are in no way mutually exclusive.

I don't see the Hopper platform as dated.
I agree, but that was the 50/50 split(as usual). Navy, it appears me and you have some similar expectations of our equipment, but you know what I'm talking about? It was about the same time the discussion for the Super Joey and full integration were taking place.

Reactions: navychop
I agree with others on here in that I don't believe what the installer said. I still think we'll see the new UI next month or around the time they release the 4K Joey, which is January 14.

I'd trust Scott over that installer any day of the week.

Reactions: navychop