New Customers : Remember to Cancel NFL Sunday Ticket!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stonecold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 23, 2004
Directv La La Land
For all of you customer who signed up to Directv and received the NFL Sunday Ticket Free with your sub. Now is the time to cancel it and cancel it now. Do not wait you will forget, this is something directv wants you to do. Your Free NFL Sunday Ticket auto renews so remove it now.

For all of you customer who signed up to Directv and received the NFL Sunday Ticket Free with your sub. Now is the time to cancel it and cancel it now. Do not wait you will forget, this is something directv wants you to do. Your Free NFL Sunday Ticket auto renews so remove it now.

Technically they have till the start of the season, correct.

But like you said, many will forget, so D* will get thier share of subs.

So, anyone thats not wanting NFL ST next year, be sure to call in ahead of time.

Also remember to watch your bills closely. Just because you call and cancel doesn't mean it will actually get cancelled. I'm not the first, and surely not the last person who had to call Directv more than 1 time to get an auto-renew cancelled.

Hi Guys,

This is kinda off the topic but just curious if there are any plans that keep Espn? I know when you drop you lose a bunch of popular channels. I think I have the select package, about ten or fifteen dollars worth of credits each month and it is still around 60-65.00. Any help would be appreciated.

Marc

Frazierface said:
Hi Guys,

This is kinda off the topic but just curious if there are any plans that keep Espn? I know when you drop you lose a bunch of popular channels. I think I have the select package, about ten or fifteen dollars worth of credits each month and it is still around 60-65.00. Any help would be appreciated.

Marc

Not sure i understand your question. To my understanding, Select is about the most inexpensive tier, and I believe it is no longer available unless you already have it. So, if you are wondering if there is a cheaper package that has ESPN, I am not aware of one.

Yeah they have till season starts, but they tend to start auto-renewal payments in may/june . I mention it now as it is superbowl sunday.

Yeah they have till season starts, but they tend to start auto-renewal payments in may/june . I mention it now as it is superbowl sunday.

Good point ...
How can they start billing you for the product when they don't know if your gonna have it till the season starts ?

Do you get your money back if you cancel before the season .... what about interest they made ?

Thanks a lot. As a new customer who got it free this year I did not know that I would have to cancel it. I'll call them now. For some reason there is a remove button online that only pops up a message to call them.

Just called DIRECTV and removed NFL for next year. Took under 10 minutes.

One thing nice about my Dish account is it lets me add and remove premiums from the web site.

Thanks a lot. As a new customer who got it free this year I did not know that I would have to cancel it. I'll call them now. For some reason there is a remove button online that only pops up a message to call them.
did they offer a discount if you kept it?

Good point ...
How can they start billing you for the product when they don't know if your gonna have it till the season starts ?

Do you get your money back if you cancel before the season .... what about interest they made ?

Yes you get a credit on your bill if you cancel it after the payments start as long as it before the season starts.

DTV makes a ton of money every year off interest, they have to the 60 or so dollars every month times thousands of subs just sitting in a account. Till someone complains.

Good point ...

You can cancel up to the start of the season because technically they haven't delivered yet. No accrued interest.

i haven't had the ST in the last two years but your reminder for the D subs is much appreciated stone. thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)