NEW DishHD web site found! (And now it's gone)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well right now I have a 322 and 811HD with top120 and I am only getting HD locals with indoor OTA antenna.. did not care for the HD pack. My bill is 50 dollars a month. But now that they have UniversalHD I think I would like to order HD pack to get that channel.. But it sounds like I have to get the whole zimbam of 25 HD channels that would raise my bill to near 70 dollars a month.. From this site it looks like they are making us take all the voom stuff as well.. which I don't want.. Are they getting rid of the option to order AT120 with HD pac for 10 dollars more? I would be interested in that just to get UniversalHD. That would put my bill at around 60 dollars a month which I could live with. But the way they have it now.. It looks like the cheapest way for me to get UniversalHD will raise my Bill to nearly 70 dollars after taxes.. I guess I will wait til Feb to see. But I doubt anybody will get through on the phone on the first lol.:D

I got a feeling that the Universal channel will be one of those mpeg4 channels that will require the newer receiver. From what has been said on other threads.. it will probably still be mpeg2 with mpeg4 headers. Its looking like the newer HD offerings are going to be too expensive for my tastes.

Last edited:
hpman247 said:
Ok Im trying to figure out the 27 channels

VOOM 15
TNT
Discovery
ESPN
ESPN2
HDNET
HDNET Movies
PPV HD
HBO
Showtime
NFL
Demo Channel

Thats 26, but I don't even know if i should count the Demo. So what do you think the other two are?

starz & universal are listed there

hpman247 said:
Ok Im trying to figure out the 27 channels

Thats 26, but I don't even know if i should count the Demo. So what do you think the other two are?

The demo isn't supposed to exist, it's not counted as one of Dish's 25 Channels

On 2/1 when they launch it will be 23 available to everyone plus HBO and SHO for those that have that package and platinum (25)

the 23 available

PPV HD (pay the price for each movie)
15 Voom Networks
TNT
Discovery
ESPN
ESPN2
HDNET
HDNET Movies
Universal HD

When Food Network and HGTV launch, the basic HD for everyone will be 25, and the platinum will have 27 (28 when starz is added)

The beta site doesn't mention any upgrade fee for the 622. I wonder if it is a no-additional-upfront-cost option, with only a monthly DVR fee being charged? (Actually, I see no mention fo the monthly DVR fee, either!) Perhaps since the site is still in beta, they haven't finalized the details.

GaryPen said:
The beta site doesn't mention any upgrade fee for the 622. I wonder if it is a no-additional-upfront-cost option, with only a monthly DVR fee being charged? (Actually, I see no mention fo the monthly DVR fee, either!) Perhaps since the site is still in beta, they haven't finalized the details.

Isn't it great that they have us to check their content for them before it goes live to the public? ;)

The Page that has been found has been there about 2 weeks now they are going to link it to the main page on Feb 1st and thats going to be the new load up page

622 upgrade 299.99 for new and ext cust
if you have a 921/942 you can wait untill 4/1 and pay 299.99 for the 622 then you get a 200.00 rebate after the 942/921 that you own or lease is returned

Being in the web development business there are better ways to get a site ready to stage to go live. Especially a company as large as E* you think that they would have the man power to keep this under wraps until the 1st of Feb as well all know is the "go live" date for the upgraded HD service and hardware. Just another poor planning desision by E*.

the up side to all this

imagine the feeling to know you have helped E*(eliminatedish)
to replace their equipment and remain their sub for the next 18 months.

and the reward

couple more channels and higher rates.

Last edited:
SatinKzo said:
Did anyone try an place an order with the DishBuilder interactive program?

I did. It takes you back to the old site. The receiver options haven't been updated.

NightRyder

snook2448 said:
622 upgrade 299.99 for new and ext cust
if you have a 921/942 you can wait untill 4/1 and pay 299.99 for the 622 then you get a 200.00 rebate after the 942/921 that you own or lease is returned

Where have you seen the bolded part confirmed?

Trying to figure out, if indeed Starz HD is coming, how are they going to justify not offering the new HD to current Starz subscribers (with mpeg2 receivers)? It would seem to me if you subscribe to the package, and Starz HD isn't offered ala carte, Dish would have to offer it. That makes it different from the other new offerings. If you're paying for the Starz package you should get the full Starz package.

There is also a temporary Olympic Games HD channel coming next month.

cebbigh said:
Trying to figure out, if indeed Starz HD is coming, how are they going to justify not offering the new HD to current Starz subscribers (with mpeg2 receivers)? It would seem to me if you subscribe to the package, and Starz HD isn't offered ala carte, Dish would have to offer it. That makes it different from the other new offerings. If you're paying for the Starz package you should get the full Starz package.

If you go to the HD Movies page StarzHD is not listed, just HBO, Showtime, HD-Net Movies, Monsters, World Cinema, Fu and Film Fest.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HD Package / Fee Confusion

Could I expect to get three ViP622s

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)