New DRA iphone update 3.0.2 problem

Raysat67

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 13, 2009
Easton, PA
I've been using DRA for a few years now to connect to my 722k without any problems. I was happy to see a new update for the iphone app "3.0.2". After installing I can't watch any video on the phone. When I select something to watch on the iphone it has a pop up message "You could be watching your TV on this phone with a sling adapter. Would you like to learn more?" Has anybody else had this issue? Nothing has changed regarding my set up at home in fact I have no problems veiwing through a browser or Dishonline. On the Dish online website I can't add my solo in the account settings either. Was this purposely done to make us buy the sling adapter?

yes it was and you will have to get ahold of one of DIRT members and see if they can get a sling adapter for you.

The ability to add a Slingbox was removed from Ipad, Android and Dish Online a while back. The only platform that this update hadn't taken affect on yet was the Iphone. This update on the Iphone implemented that change.

Well that stinks on ice! I had no idea. I wouldn't have updated the app had I known that was going to be the outcome. So I guess now I'm left with having to purchase the adapter. As of now it still works via the browser though.

Well that stinks on ice! I had no idea. I wouldn't have updated the app had I known that was going to be the outcome. So I guess now I'm left with having to purchase the adapter. As of now it still works via the browser though.

Or you could just purchase the Sling Player Mobile app which is made specifically for Sling boxes.

Why should we have to purchase a Sling adaptor if we have a perfectly good Slingbox? In my case, my SB Pro HD works just fine on the web and on my iPad. I also should not have to buy the slingplayer app if I am a Dish subscriber. I would bet the newest SBs from Dish work just fine with DRA. I am sorry I did not back up the iPhone app before I updated it. Lesson learned!

Maybe sling wants people to use/buy their product? Does a sling adapter work in the sling player app? No. I agree that it sucks,I also have a SB HD and I ended up buying slings app so I could continue using it. What does being a dish subscriber have to do with not needing to use the app that was designed and sold for a stand alone sling box ?

Well it worked in the past so I have to assume they went out of there way when putting this new dra app out to keep legacy slingboxes from working. It's also a shame that sling charges $15 for their app.

DRA is supposed to be for DISH subscribers. If you look at the stand alone Sling Player app in iTunes, it says if you are a DISH subscriber that you should install DRA instead. Now they have crippled it for those of us with older, perfectly good SBs. I like the interface of DRA better than what Sling Player looks like on iTunes. The guide on DRA is great. I wouldn't change anything with it. Very disappointed with what DISH has done with Sling since they bought the company. I sent feedback to them via the app, but of course have heard nothing at all back from them. Wonderful customer service! Not!! :mad:

I'm in the same boat. I've been a log time slingbox user from the original release to the Slingbox Pro and now usig the Slingbox Solo.. all the while happily using the old Blackberry, Android and iPhone DRA apps. I replaced my Blackberry this year but the iPhone and Android DRA apps still functioned correctly with my Slingbox Pro and Solo. Now with the latest round of updates, the iPhone DRA no longer 'sees' my Slingbox at ALL and the Android looks to be the same.

Personally, I feel this is a bait-and-switch tactic forcing me to buy an unnecessary Sling Adapter.

I like the interface of DRA better than what Sling Player looks like on iTunes. The guide on DRA is great. I wouldn't change anything with it. Very disappointed with what DISH has done with Sling since they bought the company.

I agree the dish app has a much nicer interface.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts