New Dual Tuner OTA Adapter

OK, I am sorry that I switched to the dual tuner OTA adapter from the single tuner model. Nothing but problems since the switch. Multiple reboots on both HWS (w/CUI) have been occurring. The DW's HWS was pretty much unwatchable last night with the reboots. This morning I get the "OTA module detected, Hopper must reboot" message. I get this message about every other day. I removed the OTA module from the DW's HWS to see if the reboots stop. The DW said last night she wants to switch to another service if this keeps up. The reboots have been increasing since the last HWS update. A switch to Comcast could be in our future. I'll have to search and hope to find a couple of single tuner OTA dongles. I should have never sold the pair I had.

OK, I am sorry that I switched to the dual tuner OTA adapter from the single tuner model. Nothing but problems since the switch. Multiple reboots on both HWS (w/CUI) have been occurring. The DW's HWS was pretty much unwatchable last night with the reboots. This morning I get the "OTA module detected, Hopper must reboot" message. I get this message about every other day. I removed the OTA module from the DW's HWS to see if the reboots stop. The DW said last night she wants to switch to another service if this keeps up. The reboots have been increasing since the last HWS update. A switch to Comcast could be in our future. I'll have to search and hope to find a couple of single tuner OTA dongles. I should have never sold the pair I had.

You reckon this is why DISH is not selling them yet?

That's unusual and I have not seen any reports of that from anyone else.

I have been using mine for around 6 months now with no issues.

I do know there is a new software update which will be released in the next few weeks which fixes a number of bugs hopefully it helps with your issue.

Do you still have the single tuner one?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: DWS44
That's unusual and I have not seen any reports of that from anyone else.

I have been using mine for around 6 months now with no issues.

I do know there is a new software update which will be released in the next few weeks which fixes a number of bugs hopefully it helps with your issue.

Do you still have the single tuner one?

No, I sold the pair of single tuner OTA adapters that I had. I am going to bid on one from Ebay. After installing the single tuner adapter, that should tell me if the dual tuner adapter is causing the issues or not.

You reckon this is why DISH is not selling them yet?
There is some kind of issue. My 2 HWS were both operating fine until I replaced the single tuner adapters with the dual tuner. I think that getting the OTA module detected message repeatedly is a clue.

They never should have used a dongle from Hauppauge, IMO. They should have struck another deal with Pace International, the makers of the original model. That one was rock solid

Not me. I installed dual OTA adapters on both of my HWSs with the old UI and do not have any issues.
This post/thread:
I have been getting an Attention pop up #978 that says The receiver has detected that a module has been removed. Then I have to click OK and my HWS does a re-boot. Got it twice today and once about a week ago. The only thing I have done recently was add the new Dual OTA Adapter couple of weeks ago. Any one have a clue what is going on? I also added the new Dual OTA Adapter to my other HWS and it has not given me this issue. Tried to upload a pic but it says the file is too large. Never had that issue too since the new SatGuys has been installed.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/hws-detected-module-issue.368858/

Reactions: charlesrshell
wondering if any new info. has been released when the dual tuner software will be available. I know Dish said sometime in May but they never did say what year that would be.....

I've posted a similar comment, but it basically goes like this: Any date that Dish announces, throw it out.

Whatever "it" is, it will be released when it's released.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bobby
I received the "OTA module detected, Hopper must restart" message again this morning on my HWS. :( The DW's HWS has remained stable since unplugging the dual tuner adapter - no reboots for the last two nights.:)

I wonder if Dish realized there is a hardware problem and sent it back to the drawing board. Would explain why Dish no longer offers it for sale and their response to availability questions is they don't know when they will have it again.

Reactions: navychop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)