KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
Just released new firmware is available for owners of the Amiko Mini HD SE.

This adds:
  • satellite edit
  • multi satellite scan
  • media player improvements
  • other general improvements.
It can be downloaded here: http://www.namini.tk/index_files/Page318.htm

Please read the PDF that comes with the Download as this is a special update that you must used with bootloader. If you don't read and follow instructions you will lose your satellites and settings.

Reactions: T134 and norman881
I downloaded of course, but have not had time to install it. :)
I will try to later tonight and report. Let us know what you like/dislike about it.

Be careful with this new update.

#1, they changed the channel format from ABS into UDF. This seems to break the alieditor, because when i try and load the channels from the channel backup, i get NOTHING. These means i cannot add/edit satellites like the past, and being the new version still doesn't let you add/delete satellites, the latest firmware still falls short.

#2. 2.0.38 seems to break streaming. At least for my windows version. I suspect the android version too. On hi-def channels, it screws up within 5 minutes of watching the stream. With 2.0.30, i have streamed for over 2 hours without incident.

#3. If you revert back, you can not retrieve your channel list from the UDF format. Luckily i had a 2 week old backup in ABS format so when i reverted the Firmware, i was able to get my channels back (minus a few updates.)

Last edited:
Be careful with this new update.

#1, they changed the channel format from ABS into UDF. This seems to break the alieditor, because when i try and load the channels from the channel backup, i get NOTHING. These means i cannot add/edit satellites like the past, and being the new version still doesn't let you add/delete satellites, the latest firmware still falls short.

#2. 2.0.38 seems to break streaming. At least for my windows version. I suspect the android version too. On hi-def channels, it screws up within 5 minutes of watching the stream. With 2.0.30, i have streamed for over 2 hours without incident.

#3. If you revert back, you can not retrieve your channel list from the UDF format. Luckily i had a 2 week old backup in ABS format so when i reverted the Firmware, i was able to get my channels back (minus a few updates.)

Both .ABS or .UDF files will load fine back to the mini HD SE without error. Are you saying your ALI Editor cannot read the .ABS back-up file? or did you create only a .UDF file? Only .ABS files can be edited with the Amiko version of the AliEditor. This is a good thing, as the .UDF files are known to often soft corrupt STBs.
  • To back-up the mini HD SE save the file mode as "All". This will create an .ABS back-up file.
  • Using AliEditor, open the .ABS file and select "User Data File".
  • Edit the file
  • Export as .ABS and select "User Data File" type.

When i reverted back to 2.0.30, it would NOT detect the .UDB file.
Yes, Ali supports .UDF, but, when i loaded it in from the Editor , the satellites were all blank. So the editor was not able to successfully read the .UDF file.

Correct. .UDF files do not load to the Amiko version of the AliEditor or previous mini HD SE firmware versions. I would highly recommend that all back-up files be kept as .ABS file type. This will guarantee no soft brick when importing or editing Satellite / Transponder / Channel lists.

Export files as an .ABS "User Data File", Import as an .ABS "User Data File". This works across old and new firmware and the Amiko version of the AliEditor.

In addition... To revert back to previous firmware version and install your satellite/transponder/channel lists:
Save a back-up file as "ALL". This will create an .ABS file containing all factory and user settings.

Flash the STB with your choice of firmware version

To restore your saved satellite/tp/channel lists: Menu>>> Upgrade>>> Upgrade by USB
Select the .ABS file containing the desired satellite/transponder/channel list
Select mode "Channel List"
Click Save.

You will now be running the firmware version of your choosing and load your back-up satellite/transponder/channel lists!

Okay, good.. Ill do another test of 2.0.38 soon. Thank you for that Titanium.

Can i still use the ali-editor in 2.0.38 ? Save ALL in 2.0.38 will save as .ABS and then i can grab it that way into ali editor, and then you said that channel import for 2.0.38 will still read the .ABS format. Did i follow your previous posts correctly?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)