New GEOSATpro microHD Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Brian,

What stacked LNBF would you recommend to be the best suited for the forthcoming microHD, in respect to all of those wished frequencies that people are reported to want.

My main consern is that, I would like to be able to blind scan the satellites and receiving both verticles and horizontal TPs all in one single scan.

Am I asking for something that is not going to be possible to do with the microHD. Sorry if this question has already been answered, I have read this whole long thread but I am still having promblem comprehending most of the things that this unit will finally be able to do. LOL.

I have been around this forum for a while and have been absorbing a whole lot of information, but at hearth I am still a beginner, and always asking questions.

Thank You.

I would like to be able to blind scan the satellites and receiving both verticles and horizontal TPs all in one single scan.
They all (STB"S) do, AFAIK. Don't need a stacked LNBF either. Scans one polarity then automatically switches polarity and scans the other.
The Micro will have the ability to scan one or the other polarity only, if selected by you. (some other brand boxes also had this feature)
comprehending most of the things that this unit will finally be able to do
Sounds like everything except make toast.

Thanks Fat Air,

What I actually ment to ask was, will the microHD be able to scan "C" bands and "K/u" bands all on a one single blind scan, not about the polarity of the TPS. My bad.

I was thinking of one thing, but asked about another, I must have been brain dead at the time that I posted the question. LOL!.

Any way, that is my original intended question. I would like to use only one dish ($69.99 special), one LNB (?), and one receiver (microHD) if possible.

Thank You.

Yes, with the inclusion of a 22Khz switch*. OKhz port to C band (5150 LO, RF:3400 - 4200) LNBF, and the 22khz port to a standard Ku (10750 LO, RF: 11700 - 12200) LNBF.
Universal: 5150 - 10750: 3400 - 4200 / 22khz ON: 11700 - 12200
as shown on : http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...rohd-receiver-coming-soon-22.html#post2739360
*Could also be used with a 741 or the other combo C & Ku LNBF(can't remember the model#). The ones using a standard 10750 LO for Ku and DISEQC for band selection.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...rohd-receiver-coming-soon-29.html#post2766802

I noticed that I previously had asked that same question some pages back, and also noticed that there are many frequencies that the microHD will works with.

Now, having a DMX741 LNBF (C, Ku band), which frequencies pair out of those shown on the first post (#2739360), would be the best to chose from and to work with, when blind scanning and trying to get "C" and "Ku" band in the single blind scan per satellites.

The matter is that my yard is rather small and I am trying to avoid using two dedicated dishes to view C and Ku bands. Using two different dishes for this purpose have been more than a headache for me. I hope that I am not boring you with these questions, but I do want to have this matter clear in my mind for when I buy the microHD.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
If I am understanding you correctly, it seems that you believe that you must scan both C and Ku in one scan because they are both sourced from a single dish?
Presuming that, regardless of the source(s), one can set the scan parameters to scan C band V, or C band H or C band both. Then via some switching method, for example DiSeQC, 22khz (Encoda), etc, scan the same but on Ku, KU V, Ku H or Ku both.
The STB does, (and should) treat the two sources as just that, even though they are captured on the same reflector, it doesnt care. Scanning both bands in one pass would not be very efficient. For example, what about orbital slots that have C only or Ku only FTA channels? Would you want to do a "full C and Ku scan" in one pass? In fact, sometimes one may wish to narrow the search frequency span (also doable) because there may be nothing of interest outside the narrowed limits.

I took you posts to mean you wanted to use a combined C+Ku dish for a source due to limited yard space, and believe that required you to scan all in one pass. If that's not it the disregard my comments.

EDIT - the LNBF you spec'd has an internal 22khz switch (had to go back and look) to select C or KU. I think I have one of those I never put up because it doesnt look like one can get C and Ku at the same time from it. I never looked into it any further.

Last edited:
Thanks Fat Air,

What I actually ment to ask was, will the microHD be able to scan "C" bands and "K/u" bands all on a one single blind scan, not about the polarity of the TPS. My bad.

If what I think you're asking the answer is no.
For an example for the sat at 97 you would have 2 sats in your list of sats,G19Ku and G19 C .While it is the same satellite you scan each band separately as if it were two different sats.

avenger said:
will the microHD be able to scan "C" bands and "K/u" bands all on a one single blind scan

Yes. Select the 5150/10750 Universal setting for the LO. In one scan C-band will be logged first with 22KHz off, then KU band will be logged with 22KHz on.

i have noticed with the solomend/s9 if i scan the k-band without turning on the 22k, i end up with the c-band channels. so i think that is interesting with the micro hd. charlie

chaskuchar, Yes, using a 741, you must turn on the 22khz for Ku band. As the 741 uses 22khz for band select. Off = C, On = Ku. The receiver doesn't know what band you're scanning unless you tell it. Both C and Ku LNBF's output the same "L" band frequencies. L band are the actual frequencies the receiver is scanning. .95Ghz to 2.45Ghz.(nominal)
Ku: Tp - L.O.= L band freq the receiver has to tune to.
C: L.O. - Tp = L band freq the receiver tunes to.

Yes. Select the 5150/10750 Universal setting for the LO. In one scan C-band will be logged first with 22KHz off, then KU band will be logged with 22KHz on.

Brian Thank You very much,

Now, please don't laught too loud, will the microHD do this this switching automatically or will I have to start the blind scan for the "C" and "K/u" band with the 22KHz switch mode to off, while selecting 5150/10750 Universal even though my LNBF (DMX-741) is designated as "Standard" LNBF.

I am asking these questions, not just for my benefit, but also for those new members who are just getting thier feet wet.

Looking forward for the microHD next month.

Thanks Again.

avenger.

will the microHD do this this switching automatically or will I have to start the blind scan for the "C" and "K/u" band with the 22KHz switch mode to off, while selecting 5150/10750 Universal even though my LNBF (DMX-741) is designated as "Standard" LNBF.

The Universal 5150/10750 setting automatically sets the switch settings and will automatically switch from low band (C-band/5150) to high band (KU-band 10750) during the scan.

Personally, I prefer keeping satellite list that has separate positions for each band. One satellite position for Ku and another satellite position for C, but this is a hobby and we all have our own preferences.....

Personally, I prefer keeping satellite list that has separate positions for each band. One satellite position for Ku and another satellite position for C, but this is a hobby and we all have our own preferences.....[/QUOTE]

Thank You,

Then, is the microHD already preprogrammed with both satellite bands list, or do I need to make a new satellite band listing. I agree with you on keeping a satellite list that has separate positions for each band, but also would like to have both bands from the same satellite next to each other instead of being out of sequense.

Thank You.

is the microHD already preprogrammed with both satellite bands list, or do I need to make a new satellite band listing.

The preinstalled satellite / transponder list has the KU satellites listed first and C satellites second. A total of 64 C and KU satellites are preinstalled. You may replace, reorganize, rename, add or subtract this list to your hearts delight.......

We are around the corner!! Yes!!! Hopefully we will see the first shipment before we get to the 100 pages of post!!!!

Hi,
I presume the microHD doesn't have a DVR function. Will there be another box available using the same technology but adding the DVR function? Kind of like the DSR200 and the DVR1100C?

Thanks,
Tim

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)