New HD Channels already showing up

goaliebob99 said:
sence dish cant give me a freaking HDDVR in time for the new channels and want me to pay for it I think its time to move on and cancell dish. Dish is refusing to swap my 942 for a 622. They keep saying I have to pay 299 for an installation that is not needed and all it requires a swap. how about this.. how about I dont pay my bill and cancelle because there are services there not provideing.. THAT I PAY FOR, you know what f**k it.. EMAIL THE FTC ABOUT THIS AND WHILE YOUR AT IT EMAIL THEM ABOUT VOOM AND CBS IN HDLITE TOO!!!

IM HOT (just in case you cant tell) dish continues bending over there coustomers who payed 999 for a 921 and or 699 for a 942. They should get a swap out. and that's it. and it should be free of charge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm with ya about being pissed, there just don't give a rats a** about current customers, they just believe we will just dig into those pocket books and anna up, and most of us will, we won't be happy about it, but we will, they know we are HD junkies! S.O.B'S :mad:

No prob. I'm procrastinating not doing my school hw so heres another one. This is of 3 of the new voom channels. They are on a mux on 61.5. The timeline (x axis) is about 40 seconds. Notice the variation of bitrate.

voom.jpg

I was just gonna ask about those. I was gonna say of the new VOOM, Worldsport looked the best in quality. Familyroom looks pretty good too. I can't watch gameplay long enough to make a decision. I'm sure over the next few days we're gonna see alot of "tweaking" with voom.

TreasureHD looks good too, but seems to have periodic breakups in picture that last just a second or two.

I haven't seen anything on ESPN2HD yet that is in HD, so I will check the baseketball game and see how it looks

Granted, all the voom don't look nearly as good as the content on UniHD that is recent.

goaliebob99 said:
sence dish cant give me a freaking HDDVR in time for the new channels and want me to pay for it I think its time to move on and cancell dish. Dish is refusing to swap my 942 for a 622. They keep saying I have to pay 299 for an installation that is not needed and all it requires a swap. how about this.. how about I dont pay my bill and cancelle because there are services there not provideing.. THAT I PAY FOR, you know what f**k it.. EMAIL THE FTC ABOUT THIS AND WHILE YOUR AT IT EMAIL THEM ABOUT VOOM AND CBS IN HDLITE TOO!!!

IM HOT (just in case you cant tell) dish continues bending over there coustomers who payed 999 for a 921 and or 699 for a 942. They should get a swap out. and that's it. and it should be free of charge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen...I guess we are now OFFICIALLY second-class HD citizens. :mad:

SatinKzo said:
(Knight Rider is on right now, but it looks pretty good)

Had no idea the showed KR on UHD...one of my faves! Nothing like a little salt for the wound at the moment. :(

Last edited:
SatinKzo said:
TreasureHD looks good too, but seems to have periodic breakups in picture that last just a second or two.

I haven't seen anything on ESPN2HD yet that is in HD, so I will check the baseketball game and see how it looks

Granted, all the voom don't look nearly as good as the content on UniHD that is recent.
I had no breakups on any channels, was watching Treasures like you and all I can say is that it is an old VOOM repeat. What are the odds that all the new programming is going to be old to us original VOOMERS. But they sure look good.

ESPN keeps advertising to upgrade to ESPNHD, ESPN2HD and my point of interest ABCHD. Is ABCHD going to be a separate SUB, outside HD LIL? I have not seen this add until today.

Well, from the few minutes of ESPN2HD, it looks like ESPNHD, nothing groundbreaking, but nothing disappointing.

TreasureHD breakups appear to have been temporary, haven't seen them since I posted earlier.

I am already sick of the brokeback mountain trailer (looks good PQ though) and Slither teaser on UniHD. The ads for Sleuth channel look interesting, looks like a channel I would watch.

HokieEngineer said:
And finally.... UniversalHD off 61.5. It is muxed with Fox-HD NY. No improvement in bitrate from 129, so I'm guessing dish is passing uniHD at whatever res and bitrate they are getting it from the source as.

But the DirecTV bitrate on UHD is higher. Why would they downrez and recompress it the source bitrate is only 10-11 mpbs?

Im just sitting here as a D* sub reading and I cant believe it! An mpeg2 feed that is somehow blocked for older recievers yet these channels are in the HD pak you are paying for??????????

How can they do that legally?

Just think of all the good will that Charlie is letting go to waste. The best advertising is word of mouth.Charlie just lost that tonight. I would have been telling all my family and friends about how good Dish was. Oh well. Guess I'll just tell them the great deal that Charlie is offerring and tell them how happy I am with it.

vurbano said:
Im just sitting here as a D* sub reading and I cant believe it! An mpeg2 feed that is somehow blocked for older recievers yet these channels are in the HD pak you are paying for??????????

Remember, they aren't officially launched yet, so they aren't in any package.

vurbano said:

Technically these new channels are not in the old dish HD pack. The people that can see them have new receivers, and in order to get a new receiver you were required to pick one of the new, more expensive dishHD packages. At least thats how they explained it at CES.

Everyone who already was subbed to the old HD pack is grandfathered in and pays the old price, until they decide to change programming. No NEW subs can subscribe to the old $9.99 package.

PocketDish Tips

Dish Install Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts