New HD Channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JerryVolunteer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
Memphis, TN
What are the latest rumors on any new HD channels? Has anyone heard anything? What about TNT, will we have to wait until Feb after football season?

Ok guys here goes!!!!!!the latest RUMOR is that TNT-HD will be on in time for the NBA season opener on TNT which is next Thursday November 4,2004 at 8:00 pm. Please only consider this as a RUMOR!!!! we shall find out next week.........DIGITAL~DAN

DIGITAL~DAN said:
Ok guys here goes!!!!!!the latest RUMOR is that TNT-HD will be on in time for the NBA season opener on TNT which is next Thursday November 4,2004 at 8:00 pm. Please only consider this as a RUMOR!!!! we shall find out next week.........DIGITAL~DAN

Sorry to say but that's the same old rumor and the season opener is 11/02 - this Tuesday, 7:00 PM CST, HOU @ DET. Followed by DEN @ LAL, 9:30PM CST. The NBA Tip-off show starts @ 6pm CST and is also supposed to be in HD also. Then Inside the NBA, also in HD. Nothing is scarier than Sir Charles' bald head in HD!

Your right charper1, I'm sorry I got my dates mixed up it is supposed to be Tuesday November 2, 2004 starting with the NBA tipoff and then back to back games. I really think that we may see an announcement from D* Monday. The reason I think d* has waited until now is because they are heavily into sports and what better way to launch the new channel than with the NBA opener. I had TNT-HD when I had voom and they really did not have alot of compelling true HD, except for a few NASCAR races and the NBA playoff last season everything else was upconverted HD, But now things have changed with the recent announcement from TNT that all NBA games shown on TNT this season will be in HD, For this reason I think d* will finally launch TNT HD next week. We shall all see next week if all of this comes true and all we can do at this point is hope d* sees this the same way all of us do....................I have provided at link below to the schedule of games on tnthd this season, these games are supposed to be in Hd.............................DIGITAL~DAN

http://www.tnt.tv/Title/Display/0,5918,579746,00.html

If it were my company I would have started advertising at least 7 - 10 days in advance of the first night to stir up interest and get those people signed up instead of waiting until that night or the night before during my diner or before bed - MASSIVE HOLD TIMES!

Let's hope so; Monday is ONLY 4 hours away for me, or 13 hours away from a general business start time! Get it together D*

I know there are a lot of sports fans and I'm not one of them. I would be happy with
Starz HD and Cinemax HD. I'm sure I will like TNT HD except for the sports junk.

I only get this non-subscriber tease:

By Mike Reynolds
10/26/2004 5:41:00 PM
TNT will present its entire slate of NBA games for the 2004-05 season in HD.

Could you please C&P the story?

Your right charper1, I'm sorry I got my dates mixed up it is supposed to be Tuesday November 2, 2004 starting with the NBA tipoff and then back to back games. I really think that we may see an announcement from D* Monday. The reason I think d* has waited until now is because they are heavily into sports and what better way to launch the new channel than with the NBA opener. I had TNT-HD when I had voom and they really did not have alot of compelling true HD, except for a few NASCAR races and the NBA playoff last season everything else was upconverted HD, But now things have changed with the recent announcement from TNT that all NBA games shown on TNT this season will be in HD, For this reason I think d* will finally launch TNT HD next week. We shall all see next week if all of this comes true and all we can do at this point is hope d* sees this the same way all of us do....................I have provided at link below to the schedule of games on tnthd this season, these games are supposed to be in Hd.............................DIGITAL~DAN

The words of Digital Dan HHHMMM he uses the word compelling along with HD digital Dan are you REALLY Charlie ???????????? one has to wonder LOL WOW red sox have won i need a new conspiracy theory LOL

Well, I have noticed that most items like this release after the stock market closes for the day..... We can keep hoping!

DIGITAL~DAN said:
I have provided a link below to the headline of the recent announcement from TNT. This is what makes me believe or hope that DirecTV will make an announcement Monday about carriage of TNT HD. We can only hope! IF ANYONE HAS ACCESS TO THIS ARTICLE PLEASE POST IT SO EVERYONE CAN READ IT!!!!! THANKShttp://www.multichannel.com/article/CA475376.html?display=Breaking+News

I found it from another news provider, but it really is just marketing their new season, nothing regarding D*. Its a nice read though.

Turner Network Television (TNT) announced today its production plans for the 2004-05 NBA season, highlighted by the network's decision to present all of its NBA coverage in high-definition on TNT in HD.

Turner Network Television (TNT) announced today its production plans for the 2004-05 NBA season, highlighted by the network's decision to present all of its NBA coverage in high-definition on TNT in HD. All of the cameras used for the network's coverage will be native HD, with a minimum of 10 per game site and a minimum of five for the studio shows. In addition, the same production unit, whether at the game site or in the studio, will transmit two separate shows; one formatted for 4x3 standard-definition and the second formatted for 16x9 high-definition. The NBA telecasts on TNT in HD will be broadcast in 1080i native HD using Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound.

"Our NBA coverage on TNT in HD will raise the bar across the industry," said Lenny Daniels, senior vice president and coordinating director of Turner Sports. "We will utilize a technique that allows us to produce two different shows out of one production truck, thus making the quality of our NBA telecasts unmatched and will provide viewers with a crystal-clear picture that only HD can offer."

Viewers will be able to experience all 52 regular season NBA games on TNT in HD, beginning with the NBA's season opening doubleheader on Tuesday, Nov. 2, as the Houston Rockets visit the 2003-04 NBA Champion Detroit Pistons at 8 p.m. (ET), followed by the Denver Nuggets at the LA Lakers at 10:30 p.m. Also, as part of NBA's "Premiere Week," TNT tips off its exclusive Thursday night doubleheader coverage on Nov. 4th featuring Shaquille O'Neal's first home game with the Miami Heat as they host the Cleveland Cavaliers at 8 p.m. (ET), followed by the Minnesota Timberwolves at the Denver Nuggets at 10:30 p.m. The NBA on TNT will also be available in a Spanish-language feed for retransmission in the SAP format.

Also new this season, TNT will feature graphics that will animate from the floor, providing a unique way to present statistics to the viewer. Using SportVision's virtual technology, the network will highlight various areas of the floor. For example, TNT could highlight the three-point line, bring it off the floor and include field goal shooting percentages for a player, several players or an entire team. In addition, TNT and SportVision will once again present a virtual starting lineup and halftime stats for every game.

In addition, TNT's entire announcer lineup will return for the 2004-05 season, with the addition of NBA "insider" David Aldridge. Aldridge will provide numerous reports throughout the year, including feature stories, breaking news and insight into trade rumors. Veteran play-by-play announcer Marv Albert will call the action again with analysts Mike Fratello and Steve Kerr, and will be joined by reporter Craig Sager. Kevin Harlan returns with analyst Doug Collins for the second consecutive year, along with reporter Cheryl Miller. John Thompson will once again contribute bi-monthly in-depth personality-oriented features called "Time Out with Thompson," with some of the top names in sports and entertainment. TNT's Emmy Award-winning studio team of Ernie Johnson, Charles Barkley, Kenny Smith and Magic Johnson return for pre-game, halftime and the network's post-game show, Inside the NBA. Finally, essayist Jim Huber returns this season to provide features throughout the season for TNT's studio shows.

Turner Sports presents some of the best and most popular sporting events worldwide and is a leader in televised sports programming. With events airing on three networks - TBS Superstation, TNT and Turner South - Turner Sports' line-up includes the NBA, NASCAR and NASCAR.com, Major League Baseball, Atlanta Thrashers hockey, Atlanta Hawks basketball, college football, professional golf and PGA.com.

Turner Network Television (TNT), television's destination for drama and one of cable's top-rated networks, offers award-caliber original films, such as the Johnson & Johnson Spotlight Presentation The Wool Cap and the adventure drama The Librarian: Quest for the Spear; highly anticipated original series, including the Steven Spielberg 12-hour series, Into the West; powerful one-hour dramas, such as Law & Order, Without a Trace, ER, NYPD Blue, Charmed, Judging Amy and Angel; broadcast premiere movies; and championship sports coverage, including NASCAR and the NBA. TNT is also available in high-definition.

Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, is a major producer of news and entertainment product around the world and a leading provider of programming for the television industry.

Well, football is only on Sundays.......... so they compress the crap out of it on sundays.. big deal....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dvr

TNT, FOX, Other HD ... {RANT}

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts