NEW HD IN OCTOBER

I know there are some HD stations that would be a nice addition, but for the most part everything that has actual content in HD is already there.

People are just number chasing now, how many non HD channels broadcast any significant amount of HD programming?

I don't consider ESPNU-HD "number chasing". :rant:

ESPNU, AMC, FX Movie.......they would be nice in HD

bnewt,

You will not see AMC HD anytime soon on Dish. Rainbow Media owner of AMC have pending litigation over the removal of VOOM from Dish Network. Until that is resolved no Rainbow Media channels in HD (AMC, IFC, WE, and Sundance).

John

ESPNU, AMC, FX Movie.......they would be nice in HD

I dont watch ESPN much and the others have so many commercials as to make watching anything a painful experience, even with a DVR. But I suspect I am in the minority so if any HD is to be added they would be good choices.

bnewt,

You will not see AMC HD anytime soon on Dish. Rainbow Media owner of AMC have pending litigation over the removal of VOOM from Dish Network. Until that is resolved no Rainbow Media channels in HD (AMC, IFC, WE, and Sundance).

John

broken-record-766245.jpg

Your obsession with this topic does not negate that fact that he thinks it would be "nice in HD"

Wow, so they are losing even more viewers than what I was originally thinking. That has got to be one of the worst moves one could make with your content. I can't speak for everyone else, but of my TV viewing time, maybe 5% is SD viewing, and 99% of that is sports on ESPNU or when Dish fails to turn on the HD version of one of their RSNs.

I must say that Cablevision hasn't been making good business decisions the last few years.

It's not just Dish. Cablevision/Rainbow withholds HD content (AMC, IFC, etc.) from DirectTV and Verizon, as well.

Well, Verizon has added IFC-HD, AMC-HD, WE-HD, etc.

I'm not privy to the discussions at CV nor do I recall all the announcements made but I would be mildly surprised if CV was holding back these channels from Dish (or anyone else) because of the VOOM or any other legal dispute. As noted above it probably would not be wise financially; besides, even though CV and VOOM were (are) owned by the same company they're really separate organizations and I don't see one part of a company cutting off its nose to spite its face to prospectively help out another. These are separate decisions. As I say, Verizon has the Rainbow (I believe that's what they're called) HD channels and they've just instituted a complaint against CV over MSG-HD.

Again, I don't know as much as some others about these particular internal machinations but I just think any delay in connection with these channels is of the "typical" variety.

Watch Wednesdays uplink. I am hearing we could see 8 HD channels uplinked in test mode this week.

Unfortunately I don't know what the channels are that will be uplinked.

HD is becoming the norm and SD is no longer good enough for a lot of people that have HD programming.

HLN is overdue for HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts