NEW HD IN OCTOBER

Well, Verizon has added IFC-HD, AMC-HD, WE-HD, etc.

I'm not privy to the discussions at CV nor do I recall all the announcements made but I would be mildly surprised if CV was holding back these channels from Dish (or anyone else) because of the VOOM or any other legal dispute. As noted above it probably would not be wise financially; besides, even though CV and VOOM were (are) owned by the same company they're really separate organizations and I don't see one part of a company cutting off its nose to spite its face to prospectively help out another. These are separate decisions. As I say, Verizon has the Rainbow (I believe that's what they're called) HD channels and they've just instituted a complaint against CV over MSG-HD.

Again, I don't know as much as some others about these particular internal machinations but I just think any delay in connection with these channels is of the "typical" variety.

I wasn't aware that they had AMC and We-HD. I withdraw what I said earlier.

I wasn't aware that they had AMC and We-HD. I withdraw what I said earlier.

Yea, well, it's hard to keep up sometimes.

It's funny because just yesterday Verizon's contractor started digging up my condo development to lay FIOS. We'll probably be able to order it within a month or so (if not sooner). Regardless, I decided to add Cablevision to my Dish setup because I want Knicks/Rangers/Devils/Islanders/Nets in HD, as well as (TCM-HD, E!-HD, AMC-HD, Style-HD, WE-HD etc.). Dish doesn't have YES or MSG in HD (or any of the other channels mentioned, at least not yet) but Verizon doesn't have MSG-HD either, so for now CV is the only choice (since there's no contract I can get rid of it whenever I want).

As I say, I don't think CV is holding off because of the VOOM lawsuit but of course I could be mistaken.

HLN is overdue for HD.
Actually, CNN is overdue for HD. Not only is the vast majority of their programming, especially the straight news stuff, in SD w/sidebars, they have that Sanchez dork on a webcam half the time. WTF? And stop telling us what viewers are "tweeting". I don't give a rat's ass.

I'm still hoping and praying for the MLB Network in HD. :D:D:D
You're "praying" for a TV channel? I think they already have a few channels for people who pray for channels.

I know there are some HD stations that would be a nice addition, but for the most part everything that has actual content in HD is already there.

People are just number chasing now, how many non HD channels broadcast any significant amount of HD programming?

It's not just number chasing. If you have a HDTV, watching a SD channel is sheer torture. SD programs on HD channels look FAR better than SD programs on SD channels (unless the SD content is stretched).

I'm still hoping and praying for the MLB Network in HD. :D:D:D

Don't hold your breath waiting for MLB Network in HD. DISH doesn't even want it in SD. That's why we don't have MLB EI, all of which I find very frustrating. Don't even bother to complain to them. Charley just isn't interested in listening. His bottom line: If HE can't get it cheap, YOU don't get it PERIOD.

The channels are up on the satellite, however they have not been added to Dish Networks maps as of yet and thus are not showing in the uplink report. :)

See yesterdays uplink report from 2:25 and you will see a picture of my findings which shows this. :)

So now the one million dollar question is what were the 8 channels that are in testing now? Scott do you have any insider secrets for us? (Crosses fingers for BBC America HD, Crosses fingers for BBC America HD, Crosses fingers for BBC America HD)

really

So now the one million dollar question is what were the 8 channels that are in testing now? Scott do you have any insider secrets for us? (Crosses fingers for BBC America HD, Crosses fingers for BBC America HD, Crosses fingers for BBC America HD)

Now are you really wanting BBCA HD. Boy fingers must be hurting you with as long as you have been crossing your fingers.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)