New Product: Titanium Satellite C1-PLL C-Band Phase Lock Loop LNBF

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Some good sellers in the US do a great job on keeping the international shipping costs down, keeps the Canadian retailers in check.
Just hope we get some nice weather for installing a C-band LNBF in Nov/Dec! :)

Same here, even with bad weather I have a lot of plans for the new toy :)

Titanium: Please make sure your canadian distributor keeps the price similar to the US. Again, if Brian was able to do it with the Micro HD, why other suppliers can't?

Has anyone signed up to be reseller yet?

My hands are itching to get ahold of one of these things.

The reseller referral page will be active this week.

The resellers will be provided with a MSRP and set their own market prices. Canada has an outrageous customs tax and resellers typically have a much higher cost of goods on their inventory.

Last edited:
The PLL and ASC1 containers should arrive around November 20th. During the next few weeks, samples will be provided to resellers and a few contests for free units will be held on several websites.

Currently, RPS Satellite is the sole authorized Canadian reseller. RPS should be stocking Titanium products as soon as they are available.

The taxes are unified under the NAFTA agreement so they should not higher for Canada. In terms of price, the two dollars fluctuate about 4 cents most of the time (97-101). I underestand the consumer taxes are higher in Canada (13%) compared with the 6% of most USA states, but the base price shall be very similar.
Ask how AV Sat was able to deliver almost the same price uncluding taxes to the canadian customesr when they launched the MicroHD about a year ago, of which I boght two units.

The reseller referral page will be active this week.

The resellers will be provided with a MSRP and set their own market prices. Canada has an outrageous customs tax and resellers typically have a much higher cost of goods on their inventory.

NAFTA does not apply to imported goods imported to US then shipped to Canada. The Canadian importer must also pay the Canadian customs tax even though a US Custom Fee has already been paid on the product. If the Canadian market was bigger, product could be imported directly from the manufacturer, but unfortunately the limited amount of sales prevents this.

The microHD had a Canadian wholesale distributor and then resellers made about 10% lower profit to compete with US resellers. Canadian customs tax comes out of someone's pocketbook!

Last edited:
Why would a Chinese product be imported into the USA then shipped to Canada vs just China to Canada directly. Unless your trying to imply these are made in the USA, which I highly doubt, but then would fall under the free trade agreement and would have zero duty.

UDL

Probably because there is not enough business in Canada along to justify sending a container of these things to Canada alone. (That would be my guess anyways.)

Scott hit the nail on the head. In comparing notes with a Canadian distributor, annual FTA sales within Canada are estimated to be about equal to those for the state of California. Not a very big market.

Yes, there are several US resellers and a few more pending applications. Several International distributors have also shown interest.

But I dont see the point; Titanium can still reach an agreement for a single large quantity with the chinese manufacturer and have them shipped to diffferent countries.
If not, Titanium, whyu dont you speak with those dealers selling the Geosat Products in Canada? IF they are willing to sell the Geosat with such conditions, why wont be happy doing it with the Titanium?
Let me tell you that I have seen some canadian sites that sell LNBFs at prices very similar to USA.

I know many people just buy south of the border when possible rather than paying all those aditional fees. That wouldn't be the problem if the prices are competitively similar in USA and Canada. I am more than willing to pay the aditional 13-6=7% plus a couple of more CAN$ for the dollar exchange ( currently at 96 cents) but no the high difference that is common to see.

Titanium
Have you thought of rewarding first purchasers with an introductory price? (Aside of the few contests you mentioned below) If the product is as good as it looks, at least myself will write a product review or minimum I will comment on my tests as I and many other people do all the time with our toys. If the price is correct in Canada, I will buy at least two units.

This is hardly Titaniums first rodeo.
He knows well what he is doing, and hasn't missed a trick.
I'm sure he appreciates all the enthusiasm, interest, and encouragement. :up
As soon as his container arrives, you can bet we'll all be very pleased with his efforts and arrangements. ;)

No plans for a bandstacked version at this time. We will test the market potential with the C1-PLL and if sales are strong then may introduce a C2-PLL version. R&D is quite expensive on proprietary development and over five thousand C1-PLL units will need to be sold before any profit is realized. Taking a big risk as it is!

Bandstacked LNBFs are great and I wish that they were more popular. I have talked with other distributors who have carried bandstacked LNBFs and I believe that it would be optimistic to dream of selling even a thousand units in five years. Distributors are still selling bandstacked LNBFs from their original stock ordered years ago. I don't see how there could ever be a return on investment unless it sold for an outrageous price.

Sorry Kodaz, but you are requesting a product that is a niche of a niche of a niche of a niche.... :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts