New SA subscriber

Saleen

Original poster
Nov 29, 2004
Hi there,

My Mother-In-Law just moved into a home that already has a DirecTV dish on the roof. She also orderd sky angel because she was under the assumption she had satellite and had everything she needed (NOT). I ended up getting a Dish 311 reciever for her off ebay and hooking it up to the existing DTV dish. I called SA and they informed me that the DTV dish will work fine. It is a Dual LNB standard dish. Well for the life of me, I cannot get any signal at all to show up on the receiver. Anyone else have experience using a DTV dish with SA?

A standard DirecTV dish will work fine, but only if it is a single dish and a straight cable run from the dish to the receiver with no DirecTV or generic switches, splitters .

Just a thought here, have you reaimed the DirecTV Dish to 61.5°? DirecTV's service is at 101°.

Tony

Yes, I used a compass to aim the dish. The only thing I am having problems with is figuring out the onscreen instructions. I now know which satellite to aim at. Wasn't sure when I was at her house, there were like 5 to pick from and also had a choice to pick dish 300, dish 500 or superdish. Don't know which to choose there.

If the Dish you have is a single DirecTV Dish (looks at only one satellite location at a time), you want to select "Dish 300" and 61.5°.

Remember that the cable coming from the satellite dish has to be uninterrupted, unsplit and unswitched. Just a straight line from satellite to receiver for it to work.

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)