New SA subscriber

Saleen

Original poster
Nov 29, 2004
Hi there,

My Mother-In-Law just moved into a home that already has a DirecTV dish on the roof. She also orderd sky angel because she was under the assumption she had satellite and had everything she needed (NOT). I ended up getting a Dish 311 reciever for her off ebay and hooking it up to the existing DTV dish. I called SA and they informed me that the DTV dish will work fine. It is a Dual LNB standard dish. Well for the life of me, I cannot get any signal at all to show up on the receiver. Anyone else have experience using a DTV dish with SA?

A standard DirecTV dish will work fine, but only if it is a single dish and a straight cable run from the dish to the receiver with no DirecTV or generic switches, splitters .

Just a thought here, have you reaimed the DirecTV Dish to 61.5°? DirecTV's service is at 101°.

Tony

Yes, I used a compass to aim the dish. The only thing I am having problems with is figuring out the onscreen instructions. I now know which satellite to aim at. Wasn't sure when I was at her house, there were like 5 to pick from and also had a choice to pick dish 300, dish 500 or superdish. Don't know which to choose there.

If the Dish you have is a single DirecTV Dish (looks at only one satellite location at a time), you want to select "Dish 300" and 61.5°.

Remember that the cable coming from the satellite dish has to be uninterrupted, unsplit and unswitched. Just a straight line from satellite to receiver for it to work.

See ya
Tony

Daystar to be removed by Dish Network

Can We Get SkyAngel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)