new service address.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rich67

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 2, 2008
big rapids,mi
I'm sure this has been discussed many times, but, how do you actually change your service address? do you do it online, or do you call? I want to get different locals without them coming to move me. thanks..

call up D*
tell them you moved and there is already a dish there. Everything works fine but the locals arent so you need to change the address on file
give them new addy
make sure billing is the existing

locals change automatically but may require a RBR (red button reboot)

I went online after off the phone to verify the billing stayed the same as I wanted it to be

also.....less info you give the better. Dont say why you moved or stuff like that. Just that you moved :)

You can even email them, login to the account management and just send them an email through their contact form. Give them the new address, be clear you want to keep the old one, and you don't have to do a dance on the phone.

It's kinda funny they don't say - How did you move and get the people that bought your old house to keep on receiving your DIRECTV bill ?
I guess it's not on the script to ask that.

I moved away for work for a while but my mail still goes to my old house.

Even simpler, just let them change both addresses, you can change the billing address on the website after.

It's kinda funny they don't say - How did you move and get the people that bought your old house to keep on receiving your DIRECTV bill ?
The billing address is where all the bills get paid :)

- It's STILL my house, I moved to my beach house, condo, etc.
- The kids still live there.
- It's my business and all bills go there
- My wife moved out and I got stuck with the bill!

All valid reasons, not strange at all.

DTV is NOT stupid. They know what's really going on BUT they also have to keep themselves legally protected ( from the sports leagues and FCC regarding the locals etc) They really know what's going on. Its like a "don't ask, don't tell policy" As long as they are getting paid, DTV could really care less which local tv channels or sports games you're really watching. They only have to cover themselves legally from getting in trouble is all. In this way they can do such.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts