Dec 7, 2003
St. Louis, MO
I set up my new system today.
Fortec Mercury II
Fortec 90cm Dish
DG240 Motor
QPH 031 Lnb

I only hooked up the linear LNB.

I am getting some satellites but thought I would ask for opinions.

I am in St. Louis and my True South Satellite is Galaxy 11 at 91. I first set the dish up at True South or 182 and then turned on the receiver and set to G11.

After trying to get a signal I am getting Level 72 and Quality 53 on T12060/V/26700.

Should I be getting better than this?

Here is what else I get.
AMC3 87
Level 66
Quality 48 on 12164/H/4340

G11 91
Level 72
Quality 53 T12060/V/26700

My south satellite Get Lab Network Colorbars, First channel I saw.

G26 93
Level 71
Quality 65 on 12070/V/8741 Getting the Macys CHannel

Galaxy 3C 95
Level 72
Quality 62 Get CCTVs

Galaxy 25 97
L 72
Q53

Get lots of Channels but not Al Jazeera Eng its transponder does not show up I tried typing it in and only get a signal of 20. Russia Today comes in great.

AMC 4 101
L 70 Can get BVN and KUIL
Q56

AMC 1 103
L70
Q56 on 12100/V/2000 Get Pentagon Channel

AMC 1 103 is the farthest I get to the west. I can not get G10r at 123. I have attached a piture pointing at 123. I am pretty sure it is not pointing at the trees although it looks like it in the pictures. I think it is clearing the roof and it was plumb. I am happy I am gettign channels especially Russian Today but would like G10r and others past 103.

What are your thoughts? Should my beginning sigal quality on G11 be higher. It might help with Al Jazeera unless I am doing something else wrong but what about G10r.

Thanks for you thoughts and any recommendations.

Attachments

• IMG_2802.JPG
    IMG_2802.JPG
    634.1 KB · Views: 141
Maybe just some more tweaking on the settings of the dish. It's best if you can take a small tv close to the dish while you adjust, so you get instant feedback. I get stronger signals on G11 and Pentagon esp with a 1m primestar, so maybe you just need to adjust the elevation or the north/south a bit on the pole. You're very close to having it though!

HI,

To get Al Jazeera English on G25, I recommend you do a FULL scan. The channel for some reason is marked as scrambled, even though it is FTA. So if you just do a scan for FTA channels, you will not find it.

The best way to a ign a motorized dish is to use the USALS feature of your receiver and motor. It is more accurate and faster than using DiSEqC 1.2

Since you got so many satellites, you are on the right track. Just a little tweaking might be in order.

Thanks for the response.

I actually had a small tv on the roof. Its so small its hard to see. I need to find a bigger barttery powered video display. I went to Gateway electronics and got some battery holders and a jack and made the battery pack for the wireless video receiver. I had everything else. If your ever in St. Louis check out Gateway electronics they have all kinds of electronic componants.

Any one else have any ideas. I will try and tweak again tomorrow. Should be a little warmer and less windy.

Attachments

• IMG_2808.JPG
    IMG_2808.JPG
    925.1 KB · Views: 128
HI,

To get Al Jazeera English on G25, I recommend you do a FULL scan. The channel for some reason is marked as scrambled, even though it is FTA. So if you just do a scan for FTA channels, you will not find it.

The best way to a ign a motorized dish is to use the USALS feature of your receiver and motor. It is more accurate and faster than using DiSEqC 1.2

Since you got so many satellites, you are on the right track. Just a little tweaking might be in order.

Thanks Sadoun.
I bought the stuff from you.

I will try that and I am using USALS.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)