Status
Please reply by conversation.

discreet29483

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 18, 2007
Summerville, SC
Former E* subscriber for 10+ years and I finally made the switch to D*
My main reasons for switching was the constant dropping of channels. The MLB fiasco a couple of years ago put me almost there to switch but the kicker was poor CS over the last month I received from E*
My installation was scheduled for August 21st. I called D* to ask if it could be moved up but they said the schedule was full. Being that I had enough of E* I knew that the local D* installer was only a mile from my house. I stopped by on my way home from work and talked with the manager. He asked would tomorrow be ok for installation. I said sure, not believing that all it took to move up my install was to make this stop.
On the the 12th I got a call from John the manager and he said the tech should be there by 10am. Around 9:30 the tech called me and said he was still on his first install and had a service call to make and that I was 3rd. He said he should be there by 11:30. I got a 2nd call from the tech around 11:20 and he said he was on his way to the service call and should be there no later than noon. At 11:45 the tech pulled up to my door and was ready to go.
After checking out my yard, he pulled out the old E* Dishes and put a new pole for the E* dish in the same location my old dish had been. His supervisor Burt showed up with the receivers and I asked Burt if they were an HR 24 and H24. He told me "you've done your homework, yes they are what you requested."
All in all the installation went perfectly. A quality control supervisor from D* showed up during the install to make sure that everything was installed to the highest of standards.
It should be noted that on Friday and Saturday we had severe thunderstorms in the area. Except for some minor pixalation I didn't lose signal.
With E* a severe thunderstorm meant no signal till it passed.
All in all I am very pleased with all the attention to detail that these techs brought to my installation
Hope all you D* newbies get the same great service I received!:)

very cool story :)
My installer was like that too. Called to inform me of time and showed up on a Saturday at 3:00 and even allowed me to help him run cable and stuff :)
Welcome to DIrectv (aka the good side) ;)

That's a great story.
I may do the same thing. I'd like to stop by a local store to talk directly with a manager about an install.
I Keep reading that Local is always the best option.
Any link to a site that would show me the Directv PREFERRED local installers?

Update. NM on the link. Just found it.

thanks. I'll check that out.
Although I'm not sure I trust ANY new upstart website.
They have no reviews from what I can tell.
Last time I used an unknown site, it was 6 years ago when I first set up my DISH and WOW was that a mess. 10 hours late on the install. Didn't get rebates. etc.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

New DirecTV Install

Direct TV New Install on Tuesday

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts