New to DirectV and this forum-I Have a FewQuestions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jubes23

Original poster
Feb 2, 2007
Hello-
Have been hooked up for 2 weeks, made the big switch from Charters Moxi Box. 1 Thing I have noticed with the Hr20-7oo is that the Fast Forwarding is very Choppy, and it is hard to stop in the exact spot where my show begins after a Commercial. Coming from the Moxi box, I thought I was upgrading, but this seems to be a downgrade. Is there something I am missing, or is that just the way it is?

jubes welcome to the fourms-right now they are working on Software "up"dates that are suppose to help the Hr20-700, but I have to be honest it seems like I have been reseting my box more then normal lately....it makes me wish I would have stuck with Dish network, and or time warner cable, as I am on my 4th-5th box (I forget) and it does record everything i want it to, just have to do alot of resets (1) a day to get it to work...hopefully they can get this straightened out as the idea behind the Hr20 is a good one. enjoy. anything else ask away and as always come back and check in from time to time, we love to hear from other memebers here.

also in my ramblings forgot to put my point, lol, the fast forwarding is choppy, and it will change with every software update they 'tweak" the trick play settings on.

yes, it almost takes 1-2 seconds for it to even change the frame even though its fast forwarding, and when I stop it it either goes ahead some seconds or behind, it never stops on the frame I pressed play....also when pressing the pause sometimes when I press play it goes back some time, like last night I pressed pause on the office when a friend came over and pressed play when we sat down, and it had rewound itself almost 30 seconds, without me touching the rewind button

Has there ever been any response from DirectV that they know of this problem? And if so, will it be fixed with an upgrade?

tivo had some of the best in that area, as it would go back about 9 seconds, usually when you fast forward you go past the program, so the tivo would automatically adjust.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Subscribe now or wait four days? Hmm...

EI Exclusive to D*?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts