New to DTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mdp1116

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 28, 2006
I am new to direct coming over from dish. I had their dvr 625 dual tuner set up (able to watch one show while you record another), what is the deal with dtv's dvr, i was told last night that if you get it installed correctly you can record 2 shows while your watching a 3rd on a different channel.. EX Recording WWE Raw on USA, Recording Rangers Game on Espn, Watching Something on HBO... This is how the sales rep told me it would work and i gave her that example and she said yep thats how it works. I was also told that dtv's dvr is better than tivo. But from what i am seeing is that dtv offered the dvr w/tivo. Is this new dvr that they are rolling out not include the tivo? I am getting installed tomorrow what things should i ask the installer to do or not to do, and what should i expect from dtv after coming from dish.. any help or insight would be great.

Thanks
Michael

ahh ok. the same thing as the dish dvr 625.. record 2 shows and watching something that has already been recorded. :) Do you have any other comments about the rest of my question?

grydlok said:
You can only watch a 3rd recorded program while you are recording 2 live shows.

mdp1116 said:
ahh ok. the same thing as the dish dvr 625.. record 2 shows and watching something that has already been recorded. :) Do you have any other comments about the rest of my question?

Nothing really, Turn to channel 1000 after he is finished to get some more infor.
Just makes sure he/she runs the 2nd line to the dvr.

The new Directv HD DVR that works with MPEG4 is not running Tivo software. It's due out sometime in the fall based on the latest rumors. As for it being better then Tivo, only time will tell.

which dvr are they offering with their current promotion? I know the sales rep did not say what model it was.

mjones1973 said:
The new Directv HD DVR that works with MPEG4 is not running Tivo software. It's due out sometime in the fall based on the latest rumors. As for it being better then Tivo, only time will tell.

you could get a R15 (directv) or R10 (tivo) depending on what your local retailer has in stock, I like the R10 ( got it when it first came out!) dont have experience with the R15 till friday when I get a new dish-It looks nice sitting under my tv though :)

The install company is Advance Technologies, im on the phone with them now to get a exact install time, also the dvr that i am getting is a R15. Everything is verified, I wonder which one i will like better the Dish 625 dual tuner or the DTV R15

well my 625 was a little screwy, nothing I couldnt handle, my tivo was rock solid, not one little glitch I can complain about ( everyone says speed is an issue, but I never noticed)

well after a couple days of the r15 im wondering if i made the right decision... Im so used to be able to switch the tuners on the 625, but on this one you cant. the dvr will pick which tuner its recording on.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

H20 is almost perfect...

Directv Local Channels always free?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)