New to FTA since June 2014, My Dish Farm & FTA Project.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
@Titanium: perhaps in the next week or two, with all the aggravation and confusion aside, I will have the GeoSatPro set up correctly, watching TV with your beautiful LNB, and I will give you the most credit for helping me do it the right way. :-D

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Read the forum archive a bit while you are waiting on the dish delivery and you'll probably understand why I know a little bit about your new 1.2M... :popcorn

It takes a village.... Just pass on the knowledge when your project is done.

That shurtape is some good stuff. My wife works where they make material for the backing in it. You are getting good advise and I think you need to wait on the dish to arrive too. that way you'll be able to see what else you need. Good luck on the install and remember have fun doing it. I know I really enjoy making mine work.

@bigg t: thank you for the encouragement. I am looking forward to the install, it should be fun, if I am allowed to have some positive vibes for a change. :) I made a call to Arron on Monday, the dish eBay seller. He confirmed some facts with me that I look forward to sharing with everyone soon; should be quite shocking and eye opening!! :)

Looking forward to your adventures with C Band. I've exhausted what I can do with KU and I would like to go C band but my property is too small with lots of trees around. The roof is out of the question.

@jorgek, sorry to hear C-Band won't work out for you. :-( I thought for a long while too that C-Band just wasn't going to be in the cards for me. For the most part, its still not in the cards for me, because my wife won't let me have a 6ft. Dish in the ground at the side of the house. At least I can get into C-Band barely with a 4ft. dish on the roof with added supports, but like you, I want more. I can only get half of the Ku band satellites because of all the tall big trees I have; no I am not using a blow torch to burn down the whole neighborhood. :) Anyway, the C-Band dish is set to arrive at the house this Friday afternoon.

@DK Sat: thank you for the nice well wishes! :) I plan to post pics as I go on s new thread, that way it can be picked all apart easier. Lol! :) Very nice dish farm! You are living my satellite dish dreams, I would have guessed you had a small TV station going on. You have me daydreaming now to put up a 2nd C-Band 1.2M dish with the extra left over pole I bought. That should draw all kinds of excitement from my wife. ;-)

Woah!!! I have access to the MSNBC Studio Teleprompter off the AMC 6 72W satellite from the NBC Feeds. Just came up a few minutes ago, I can read everything the guy says on the TV, no audio on this channel though, rather interesting, I didn't expect the teleprompter to come up on the screen.

Attachments

• 1406933638464.jpg
    1406933638464.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 154
Status
Please reply by conversation.