New to Insight HD DVR comments and questions (Central Illinois)

stevet96

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 7, 2004
I just had the Insight HD DVR installed. This is my first DVR set top, and so far I am lovin pausing live tv.

First a couple of observations:

1. I was watching Fox at 7:15 PM on Sept. 16 and noticed that Insight was broadcasting the HD version of Fox WYZZ on the normal SD channel. I know that it was the HD feed because the images were a bit stretched and the Fox logo was in blue (standard symbol on HD feed) instead of the normal white Fox logo. Has anyone else noticed this? Any news on Fox 43 WYZZ being added to the lineup? Was this a test for adding HD Fox in the near future?

2. I love that the SD channels automatically come in at 480p through the component output and the HD comes in at 1080i.

3. I love the dual tuner.

Now some questions:

1. How do I know what tuner will be used for recording a future recording? I don't want the wife and kids to change the channel when they first turn on the tv and it is in the middle of a recording.

2. Is there a way to automatically record a series based on description? For instance, I would like to record all NFL Football games that have the Chicago Bears in its description.

3. Is there a way to setup a series record for any sports events? Seems the series is only available on tv shows.

4. Anyone know what ports are active on the box by default (FireWire, USB, SATA, etc)? Anyone try connecting an external hard drive or connect to a computer using the firewire ports?

Overall, I am very pleased with the box and service. I'm looking to get others thoughts and any tips and tricks.

Thanks.

Charter QAM HDTV LOCALS ASHEVILLE STB

SD on HD chanels shows small picture on 4:3 TV?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)