New to satellite

visionman

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 22, 2010
Lowville, New York
My daughter got into her new home and inquired with an independant retailer for installation. He claimed that there is a $7 fee for the primary receiver? This dealer agreed to install a 222k receiver. Sounds like posibly a bait and switch setup or does the primary receiver get charged now? They DO NOT want DVR service. Is there another alternative?

Dishman1978

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 31, 2010
California
My daughter got into her new home and inquired with an independant retailer for installation. He claimed that there is a $7 fee for the primary receiver? This dealer agreed to install a 222k receiver. Sounds like posibly a bait and switch setup or does the primary receiver get charged now? They DO NOT want DVR service. Is there another alternative?

I imagine the fee he is talking about is the protection plan. The 222k does not have a dvr fee.

Scherrman

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
Eastern Iowa
The retailer was either talking about about the DVR fee for a 722 by mistake or was talking about the protection plan after it's 4 month free period. Regardless of whether the retailer told her that or not, no money would go to him.

I'm assuming he was trying to get her to take a DVR since he would would make more money on the install. Since she didn't want the DVR he may have just said their is a $7 receiver fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)