New Upgrade Prices for Hopper w/ Sling

I agree with doing it but just didn't think Dish would do it. I know KAB will swap his out no problem but there are plenty of people that manage to screw it up.

I understand. We will usually set up a tech to do the installation, though if the shipped option is available, the customer can choose it if they prefer. The shipped option may also take longer than an install.

I understand. We will usually set up a tech to do the installation, though if the shipped option is available, the customer can choose it if they prefer. The shipped option may also take longer than an install.
If it takes longer, no problem. Gives one time to transfer recordings and do back up. And no need to commit a slice of my time to wait for a tech. Best option, IMO. Just told Zach to "make it so".

Just had my first contact with a DIRT member, and want to confirm all the great things I've been hearing about them for years.

After getting many 05 errors for recordings on my original Hopper, Dish sent a replacement. In the week or so I've had it, I started getting 05 errors with it. Called Dish yesterday, and a tech is coming this afternoon to check wires, signal, etc., since there must be more going on here than bad DVRs. While setting that up, I decided to switch to the HWS, for the $100 upgrade fee. No mention that the fee was being dropped today, which is understandable, but not surprising.

What was surprising was finding this thread today. Yeah, should've been checking something other than the Song Name Game thread! :) Didn't really have any expectations, but contacted DIRT member ZachS, just on the off-chance. WOW! Should've done that to begin with! Within seconds, I had a reply, and, within a couple of PMs, he told me he'd gotten the fee waived!

Thanks, again, Zach - you're great! :clap

Suzanne

DIRT-Team Ray offered to ship my HWS replacement to me to upgrade myself, which i would have preferred. However, since i've been having some signal issues as well, he suggested that i have a tech come out to check things out and install the new DVR while he's at my place. All told, it'll cost me $28 to add the Protection Plan for 4 months, which seems worth it to get my signal issues fixed and a shiny new DVR. Plus, since the new DVR has wifi and a Sling built in, my best friend gets my wifi adapter and Sling-attachment to hook up to his DVR. So everyone wins and i have a happy friend and earn brownie points for him with his wife!

Just got my confirmation. Says it will be shipped in 7-10 business days, but I bet it will be sooner than that. 15 days to return.

With sunny, 75 degree weather here, what a NICE day all around!!! :happyd2:

Just got my confirmation. Says it will be shipped in 7-10 business days, but I bet it will be sooner than that. 15 days to return.

With sunny, 75 degree weather here, what a NICE day all around!!! :happyd2:

I'm happy as well. New Dish, New Hopper + a week off work? Pool, BBQ and TV for me :)

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Shipping an upgrade receiver may be possible. For the Hopper w/ Sling replacing a Hopper it is possible since they are exactly the same for installation. Much like getting a replacement receiver that's the same model.

great to know for when i upgrade the original hopper.

nice to see how much DIRT can help. thanks to zach i signed up yesterday with dish. made the process SO much easier and smoother.

Haha, I don't work for Dish, I'm a web dev for a major airline. Most of my work is from home but when theres a meeting or something important, I need to grab a flight to MIA.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

nice to see how much DIRT can help. thanks to zach i signed up yesterday with dish. made the process SO much easier and smoother.
Welcome to the Far Side after leaving the Dark Side.

Hey rey, go start one of those "I am leaving threads". That way I can be the first to tell you bye, or dont let the door hit you on the way out, or something like that.

My EHD wouldn't work on a new Hopper w/Sling, would it? It'd want to reformat, losing all the programs...right?

If so, then I don't see a real need to upgrade. My Hopper (1) with Sling Adapter is working just fine.

My EHD wouldn't work on a new Hopper w/Sling, would it? It'd want to reformat, losing all the programs...right?

If so, then I don't see a real need to upgrade. My Hopper (1) with Sling Adapter is working just fine.
They are the same box...with a few extra features.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)