New Version Question

axel

Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
Hello,
I just upgraded to the newest version of Time Trax for my XM radio. When I started recording with the new version the recording would stop after a few songs. I found error messages that my internet connection was not active and it appeared the the recording was shut down. I have wireless internet service and I do not notice that I loose the connection intermittantly, but that must be occurring. Does the new version have to have a constant internet connection and the old does not? If this is so, why? Is there anything that I can do about it?
I have gone back to my older version and do not have problems. I will appreciate any help and advice.

axel said:
Hello,
I just upgraded to the newest version of Time Trax for my XM radio. When I started recording with the new version the recording would stop after a few songs. I found error messages that my internet connection was not active and it appeared the the recording was shut down. I have wireless internet service and I do not notice that I loose the connection intermittantly, but that must be occurring. Does the new version have to have a constant internet connection and the old does not? If this is so, why? Is there anything that I can do about it?
I have gone back to my older version and do not have problems. I will appreciate any help and advice.

There were other threads about this, it seems a constant internet connection is required. It seems that the TT Recast software connects to the internet every 'x' minutes to 'confirm' a few things (of which we may never know) and then the TT Recast shuts down... its unfortunate, but they seem to not want to budge on this.

Our questions have been around allowing for this to go away - but the TT support staff has said its not an option at this time.

The thread is in the 'future feature request' thread - http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=44735

Good luck.. I have the same problem and have not been able to use the new product - I am still on 3.2 as its the most stable for me.

Some solutions are in the works. . . we aren't ignoring it and/or denying that people are having problems with it.

Keep your eyes on the forums for follow-up information in the near future.

David K.
Time Trax Customer Service

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)