New VOOM channels listed in January Dish Magazine

drp1

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jul 25, 2004
Page 4 & 5 of the January Dish Magazine list & new channels to be operational during the first week of January:

World Sport HD--Live sports coverage from mainly Europe and Asia expanding into South and Central America during 2006

Gameplay HD--Video game previews, reviews and tournaments

Film Fest HD--An HD "revival House", with 2006 bringing a relationship with a number of local film festivals.

Kung Fu HD--All martial-arts action, all the time

Treasure HD--Live auctions and exclusives for people with a passion for collecting

World Cinema HD--Movies without borders

Family Room HD--Movies and entertainment for the whole family.

Total of 15 VOOM channels.

Interesting that the change to 15 VOOM channels happen quickly enough to get printed and distributed so quickly. Was this the plan all along :confused:

Its a shame that they had to cancel the "Money Shot - HD" channel.

Still most look interesting, but I think that Gameplay would get old quick. Video games are fun to play, but watching coverage can't ever add up to an interesting 24/7 channel.

Cyclone said:

Still most look interesting, but I think that Gameplay would get old quick. Video games are fun to play, but watching coverage can't ever add up to an interesting 24/7 channel.

I agree. Just because I want an Xbox 360 for my hdtv doesn't mean I want to watch someone else playing one.

Cyclone said:

I tend to agree. I'm sure it would be worth a look if they cover hints, tips & tricks for featured games. They could also do a lot of behind the scenes action (reality TV type stuff) at the big tournaments. Personally, this channels doesn't interest me...but kids today aren't getting obese playing baseball & football, kick the can, and riding their bikes.

Still waiting for those James Bond Movies to show up, I bet they'll be shown on Guy TV...

And as someone asked and the first post mentions incorectly.

There are only 5 new channels being added, not 7-

Kung Fu and Film Fest are not getting dedicated channels

unless there will be yet another change and we'll be getting 7 new channels instead of 5, making it 17...

We'll have to wait I guess. I'm pretty sure the cbs hd channels will be moving and that will open up 9483 and 9484 to hold 2 more channels

Last edited:
Is the new programming starting 1/1? I see no info on some channels starting at 5am on the 1/1. Maybe they are going to hide it till they lite up the new channels for us.

drp1 said:
Page 4 & 5 of the January Dish Magazine list & new channels to be operational during the first week of January:
World Sport HD--Live sports coverage from mainly Europe and Asia expanding into South and Central America during 2006
Gameplay HD--Video game previews, reviews and tournaments
Film Fest HD--An HD "revival House", with 2006 bringing a relationship with a number of local film festivals.
Kung Fu HD--All martial-arts action, all the time
Treasure HD--Live auctions and exclusives for people with a passion for collecting
World Cinema HD--Movies without borders
Family Room HD--Movies and entertainment for the whole family.
Total of 15 VOOM channels.
Interesting that the change to 15 VOOM channels happen quickly enough to get printed and distributed so quickly. Was this the plan all along :confused:
CONFUSED what about the currrent 10 we have now?
Are we losing 2 of what we have to add the above too make total of 15?

trido

trido said:
CONFUSED what about the currrent 10 we have now?
Are we losing 2 of what we have to add the above too make total of 15?
trido

Actually I think someone said above that KungFu and FilmFest will be merged into one channel. Just like a couple of channels that we have today are merged. For example Rush has content from WorldSport, just like the guy tv has content from comedy the channel I believe. So when they add the additional channels they're be seperating Rush and WorldSport. The way voom's supposed to be imho.

I'm sure if I'm wrong on this someone will correct me.

World Cinema and Film Fest?

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gary Murrell said:
HD-Lite, no thanks
full 1920x1080i, I would pay 20$ a month for a Voom package alone
-Gary
I'm like you, I would gladly give the new voom channels up for the original 10 to be in 1920x1080i. They can keep the HDLite.

Hopefully the movie channels will play a full days schedule of movies and become real channels when voom expands in the next couple of weeks

BFG said:
Hopefully the movie channels will play a full days schedule of movies and become real channels when voom expands in the next couple of weeks
I wouldn't bet on this. I would wish that too, but I don't think this was ever intended.
With sufficient new content to justify "full day's schedule" on all VOOM channels (and without commercial breaks!) this would make them premium channels and would require a completely different price structure. I don't see this happening any time soon...

I'd be interested if it wasn't HD-Lite. Until then Dish can forget me paying extra for these channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)