Newbie Question

I disconnected LNBF 2, and the signal actually seems better. On channel 106 the signal quality reading is: S: 60 Q: 75, channel 113: S: 30 Q: 30, Channel 901: S: 45, Q: 75.

I disconnected LNBF 2, and the signal actually seems better. On channel 106 the signal quality reading is: S: 60 Q: 75, channel 113: S: 30 Q: 30, Channel 901: S: 45, Q: 75.

Did you remove the switch or just disconnect LNB 2?
Bob

BTW.... LNBF #1 is for SES1 and LNBF #2 is for Galaxy19.

Did you receive the single LNBF clamp that was originally shipped with the system? If so, remove the dual clamp and install the single clamp with one LNBF and connect directly to the receiver bypassing the 2x1 switch.

If you do not have the single clamp, then run the coax cable directly from the receiver to LNBF #2. Do not pass through the 2x1 switch. A properly operating 2x1 switch will introduce approximately <1.5dB signal loss. Noticeable, but will not reduce the signal to the levels that you are experiencing. The switch may be failing and be causing some of the loss.

The system was given to me, so it just has the dual clamp. I'll run the cable directly to LNBF 2. I'll post back here with the results. Thanks.

I ran the cable directly to LNBF 2, and was getting no signal, so I connected to LNBF1, and started getting a signal. I am not sure what the problem is. I must admit the dish seems a little loose on the pole, despite using Quickrete to make the pole steady in the ground. One of the bolts associated with elevation also broke. On channel 106 the signal quality reading is: S: 70 Q: 60, channel 113: S: 40 Q: 0, Channel 901: S: 55, Q: 65. I am going to go ahead and get some RG6 cable, a METER - SATELLITE FINDER - SIGNALCAT, and a INSTALL PARTS - GEOSATPRO DELUXE SUPPLIES kit from GloryStar. i am hoping all of that will fix the problems I am having.
BTW, is it OK for me to run the cable through a surge protector/circuit breaker power strip before connecting to the receiver? if not, I'll disconnect it, and run a cable from the wall jack directly to the receiver. Thanks.

LNBF 1 and 2 are identical, so the fact 1 is working and not 2 only means that you aimed LNBF 1 first and aimed it a 97W. If you had aimed LNBF2 at 97W then 101W probably would automatically (almost) be in the sights of LNBF1.
This is not a real problem at this time. Using the dual holder will cause a very slight loss of signal.