NFL 2008-09 Season

You are correct.

Anyways, do you think Chad Boy will do good this year?
I remember one of the games last year, he got pissed off at his QB (Palm Boy).

The guy is unstable, he can't keep his cool.

You are correct.

Anyways, do you think Chad Boy will do good this year?
I remember one of the games last year, he got pissed off at his QB (Palm Boy).

The guy is unstable, he can't keep his cool.

Define "good". He'll show up at training camp, get in good shape, and continue to make all his long TD catches in the first quarter of games, while disappearing in the second half and dropping anything that would be considered "clutch".

In other words, nothing will change.

I want your thoughts on the upcoming NFL on NBC schedule
(My thoughts are in bold):

Thursday, Sept. 4 – Washington Redskins at New York Giants
(This is a decent opener. Both teams are good, but I don't think the Redskins are going to be good this year, with the death of Sean Taylor and a new coach. OTOH, it will be better and closer than last year's opener)

Sunday, Sept. 7 – Chicago Bears at Indianapolis Colts
(It'll be nice to see the Colts' new stadium, but I REALLY don't like the Bears chances this year. This will be the most lopsided game of the year)

Sunday, Sept. 14 – Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns
(GREAT game. A legit Browns team making a great rivalry watchable for those outside of Ohio and Pennsylvania.)

Sunday, Sept. 21 – Dallas Cowboys at Green Bay Packers
(If only Mr. Favre had not retired....)

Sunday, Sept. 28 – Philadelphia Eagles at Chicago Bears
(Two teams that are at a crossroads. Philly's window of opportunity is still open, with McNabb, Westbrooks, and the signing of Samuel. The Bears are NOT what we thought they were- they are going to have a bad year)

Sunday, Oct. 5 – Pittsburgh Steelers at Jacksonville Jaguars
(This should be good. Two primo teams, plus the notion of revenge after last year and, possibly, ANOTHER great game.)

Sunday, Oct. 12 – New England Patriots at San Diego Chargers
(This will be VERY intense, and hopefully, it will be more competitive than last year)

Sunday, Oct. 19 – Seattle Seahawks at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
(This could be decent or bad. Seattle is still dangerous, but Tampa is VERY schizophrenic. They can be world-beaters or possibly have a top-five pick next year)

Sunday, Oct. 26 – No game scheduled due to World Series Game 4 (FNIA airs 7-8 p.m.)
(Good idea)

Sunday, Nov. 2 – New England Patriots at Indianapolis Colts
(The rivalry of rivalries... in a new atmosphere... but expect both teams to have some losses heading into this game; don't count on both teams being perfect this time.)

Sunday, Nov. 9 – New York Giants at Philadelphia Eagles
(Good rivalry, and both teams are strong. It could be pretty damn good.)

Sunday, Nov. 16 – Dallas Cowboys at Washington Redskins (Flex Week, Teams Subject to
Change)
(I am very iffy about the Redskins. Also, Dallas will NOT be resting their players, so Washington better be on their heels.)

Sunday, Nov. 23 – Indianapolis Colts at San Diego Chargers (Flex Week, Teams Subject to Change)
(Wild game last time they played in San Diego, impressive playoff game. All in all, I predict a barnburner.)

Sunday, Nov. 30 – Chicago Bears at Minnesota Vikings (Flex Week, Teams Subject to Change)
(Over/Under: 200 yards for Adrian Peterson?)

Sunday, Dec. 7 – New England Patriots at Seattle Seahawks (Flex Week, Teams Subject to Change)
(The Patriots are facing another prolific passing team, and in a VERY hostile environment. They better be careful; they can no longer show up and expect their opponents to roll over)

Sunday, Dec. 14 – New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys (Flex Week, Teams Subject to Change)
(I REALLY think Dallas is going to come into this game pissed off. Dallas will be itching for revenge, and I think they'll get it. I can't see Eli being precise and perfect like he was in the playoff game.)

Sunday, Dec. 21 – San Diego at Tampa Bay (Flex Week, Teams Subject to Change)
(This could go either way. Two schizophrenic teams, and if you're a fan of passing football, don't watch this game. L.T. and the Bucs runners are going to go crazy on the ground.)

Sabres,
Great analysis. One thing I will add from the Patriots perspective, they could very easily lose all three of their games on SNF. All three games are on the road, both San Diego and Indy will be out for blood, and there isn't a better homefield advantage than Seattle.

Ummmm.........didn't that already happen in the Super Bowl???

I mean a bigger collapse! Bad luck happening on the Patriots, and then Belicheck getting booed and hated by everyone since he really reminds me of Dick Cheney in the worst way! I compare the Pats to the Bush years, the Pats won the SuperBowl after 9/11 and they were heroes and the most popular team around (Bush had 90% approval rating) and then things go well, more Super Bowl victories (right at the time Bush invaded Iraq and it was popular) and then the fall would happen with spygate and the loss at the superbowl (Bush's fall was Kartrina and then the fallout with Iraq and his spygate).

So if you follow the paths Bush is falling into a giant hole and I could just see the Pats doing the same thing. Maybe I am just crazy!

Nope, I don't think so.
They got lucky against teams like Cowboys, Packers & Patriots.

I actually think the Giants were a better team than the Packers (despite having to play in the North Pole). Cowboys and Patriots were two big upsets ( by no means am I taking anything away from the Giants by saying that........they won those games fair and square). Just my opinion.

One-hit wonder in my book.

Same, and thats probably why Michael Strahan retired too.
He knew that his team wasn't going anywhere after last season one hit wonder.
Ladies and Gentleman you will not see the Giants back in the Superbowl in a long long time.

Now, regarding the Patriots, Tom Brady is young and healthy, and I am positive that we will get back to the Superbowl soon.

Plus we got Moss back for couple more seasons.

rmoss2.jpg

I mean a bigger collapse! Bad luck happening on the Patriots, and then Belicheck getting booed and hated by everyone since he really reminds me of Dick Cheney in the worst way! I compare the Pats to the Bush years, the Pats won the SuperBowl after 9/11 and they were heroes and the most popular team around (Bush had 90% approval rating) and then things go well, more Super Bowl victories (right at the time Bush invaded Iraq and it was popular) and then the fall would happen with spygate and the loss at the superbowl (Bush's fall was Kartrina and then the fallout with Iraq and his spygate).

So if you follow the paths Bush is falling into a giant hole and I could just see the Pats doing the same thing. Maybe I am just crazy!

That's what I was thinking, when I was reading your post.

Pats will win a minimum of 13 games and make it to the AFC championship game.

That's what I was thinking, when I was reading your post.

Pats will win a minimum of 13 games and make it to the AFC championship game.

Check out our schedule, easy this year.
Should be a good season this year for us.
Superbowl anyone?

Greatest Team in Your Lifetime

What we love about sports

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)