NFL 2012-13 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its almost like the Lions have to fail for anything to get done. To be fair, the Lions should be a little bit better than there record is. They should have beat Houston on Turkey Day and should have beaten the Colts the following week.

As of now the AFC is all set with the exception of the seeding. The NFC still has a ways to go because its crazy at least in the NFC East as far as what happens there.

How about the fact that the Bengals, a rival of the Steelers, beat the Steelers on there own turf. Not only that but eliminate them from the playoffs. Wow.

What else can I say? The Giants flat out got beat. They couldnt stop the Ravens on 3rd down and made a ton of penalites. Eli's offensive line didnt protect him at all today. He was getting blitzed all game. Worried? Yes but as much. I do have a question. If the Giants win next week, do they get the playoffs?

Your comment about the Steelers, with Cincy winning in Pittsburgh ... That happens, the Steelers beat the Bengals in Cincy earlier in the year.

Go Bengals! Now the Redskins need to win next week for it to be a great year.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.

Your comment about the Steelers, with Cincy winning in Pittsburgh ... That happens, the Steelers beat the Bengals in Cincy earlier in the year.

I know but to knock them out of the postseason while your going to the postseason. Ouch.

Oh, OK, thats right, I forgot about the Bronco's (My bad).

I have a feeling it's gonna come down to the Pats and Bronco's in the AFC.

I think the winner will win it all... ( I hope).

The Bengals made the playoffs a few years ago ... (laughing stock ? hardly, they have been getting better ever since Dalton was drafted.)
. Yes Bengals did but what have they done otherwise :) I hope not and I hope it comes down to Texans and Broncos and Patriots lose and Ravens win and drops Patriots to 4th seed but if it comes down to Broncos and Patriots Broncos get home field throughout playoffs and everything goes through Denver otherwise it is Texans :)

Seattle is kicking 49ers arse so far and go Seahawks :) After 49ers big win over Patriots last week usually leads to a let down and so far it looks that way for 49ers and could it happen next week to Seattle and to 49ers both but I believe they both win next week :)

The Vikings-Packers game time next Sunday has been changed to 3:25 p.m. by the NFL

The NFL also flexed the Dallas-Washington game, which will decide the NFC East title, to 7:20 p.m. and moved the New England-Miami game to 3:25 as well.

Big Ben will have all summer to think about that INT.

Take a knee and take your chances in OT, throw it out of bounds, screen pass, bubble pass... ANYTHING BUT THAT!!

They looked so good a month ago. Lost 5 of 6 after Big Ben's initial injury. Somehow sandwiched that Baltimore win with some stupifyingly erratic play.

Big Ben will have all summer to think about that INT.

Take a knee and take your chances in OT, throw it out of bounds, screen pass, bubble pass... ANYTHING BUT THAT!!

They looked so good a month ago. Lost 5 of 6 after Big Ben's initial injury. Somehow sandwiched that Baltimore win with some stupifyingly erratic play.

If your a Steeler fan, you know better than to doubt Big Ben when trying to make a big play, he extends plays much better than any other QB and has come thru soooo many times, I am not blaming him at all.

Btw, I am not gonna blame him for the previous game loss, had Antonio Brown not forgot he was playing a football game they would have been fine.
Brown fielded a punt and fumbled Late in the game and had several other errors in the 4th quarter that more than cost them that game.

As dumb as this sounds, if the Giants by the grace of god sneak into the playoffs, I think they reach the Super Bowl again.

They can only get a 6 seed, and they'd have nothing but road games. And of course, Eli is a god in road playoff games.

One thing I have observed with these new OT rules.The winner of the coin toss always takes the ball.Most of the time they end up losing.I had to question why they didn't defer.If your D stops the opposing team then all you have to do is get 3 for the win.Seems like deferring is the best way to go.

One thing I have observed with these new OT rules.The winner of the coin toss always takes the ball.Most of the time they end up losing.I had to question why they didn't defer.If your D stops the opposing team then all you have to do is get 3 for the win. Seems like deferring is the best way to go.

You may be on to something here, much like in College, if you win the toss you defer as well....
Once people start looking closer, like you did, you'll probably see that happening.

It does make sense, seeing both teams have to have the ball, unless a TD is scored, the way I look at it, if you gave up a TD in OT you dont deserve a chance to catch up anyways.

Good Call Teehar !

Last edited:
One thing I have observed with these new OT rules.The winner of the coin toss always takes the ball.Most of the time they end up losing.I had to question why they didn't defer.If your D stops the opposing team then all you have to do is get 3 for the win.Seems like deferring is the best way to go.

Big difference between college and NFL

In college if the team with the ball 1st scores a TD the other team can at least try to match them. Remember in the NFL if you get the ball 1st...go down and score a TD the game is over.
College each team gets an equal amount of possessions in OT...NFL after the 1st "round" (unless a team scores) it becomes sudden death

In college if the team with the ball 1st scores a TD the other team can at least try to match them. Remember in the NFL if you get the ball 1st...go down and score a TD the game is over.
College each team gets an equal amount of possessions in OT...NFL after the 1st "round" (unless a team scores) it becomes sudden death

And this is why I like the college OT rules ten times better!

Amen salsa and that is why the NFL should adopt the college OT rules would make it more exciting :D :)

Hardly ....

You would have to CHANGE at least part of the College rules if your gonna try to adopt it to the Pro's.
No way you can start them at the opponents 25 yard line in the pros.

Now if ya wanted to start OT at the 50 yard line, then, at least the team has to move the ball to win the game.

Hardly ....

You would have to CHANGE at least part of the College rules if your gonna try to adopt it to the Pro's.
No way you can start them at the opponents 25 yard line in the pros.

Now if ya wanted to start OT at the 50 yard line, then, at least the team has to move the ball to win the game.

...yep, that sounds about right. Start at midfield would be perfect.

Very true Iceberg.I would love to see the stats on the new OT rules of who won and,did they get the ball first.Still if I were a coach and my teams D was good to above average I would defer.If you have a good kicker he can kick it beyond the endzone for an auto touch back.You get a 3 and out your going to get good field position and only needing 3 to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great One

NFL Award Picks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)