NFL 2015-16 Season

Before last night these were your CBS games (all were in the early slot)
NE/NYJ
IND/MIAMI
CLE/KC
HOU/TN
JAX/NO

NE/Jets is the "A" game
Indy/Miami would be good

the rest are crap games...FOX has the DH this week

New Orleans had a 3PM home game previously this year (week 13)

The issue is week 16 is goofy. 12 games on Sunday afternoon and there are only two on the west coast. GB @ Arizona and St Louis @ Seattle., Both are scheduled for FOX.
Since CBS NEEDS a 3PM game for the markets that have a home FOX game at noon they needed to flex something. Its a quirk in the schedule that 2 of the west coast cities (SF, SD) are on the road, Oakland is on TNF and Denver is on MNF. Both Arizona and Seattle are on FOX. That leaves CBS with no option but to give a Central time zone team a 3PM game.

Out of the 5 CBS games 2 are on East Coast and 3 are Central Time Zone (NO, Tenn, KC). Again its a THROW-AWAY game.....Other than Jackosonville and most of Louisiana nobody else will take the game except the affiliates that are FORCED to take it (due to FOX home games)

by the way...here are the teams that had a late home game that WASNT a "major" game (as in a game that went to a majority of the country)

week 1
Tampa

week 2
Jacksonville

week 3
Miami

week 5
Detroit

week 9
Tampa

week 13
New Orleans

But its still not far enough to have a 4 pm time frame regularly.

Problem is there is no MTZ or PTZ game scheduled on CBS in week 16. I suppose the NFL could have cross-flexed the Rams-Seahawks game over to CBS (which would leave Packers-Cardinals as a stand alone DH game on FOX), but why bother? Besides, ETZ and CTZ teams are scheduled for the late window almost weekly.

Reactions: Mr Tony
But again, the Steelers control their own destiny, the Jets do not. Fortunately for the Steelers (and unfortunately for the Jets), the season ends after week 17........and not week 14.
It also helps the Steelers that the Jets have to face the Patriots again.
I'm also guessing that you agree that the Steelers are the second best team in the AFC at this time.

Reactions: Jimbo
I believe that next week, the Steelers will defeat the Broncos, & then the week after that, the Broncos will defeat the Bengals(the Broncos play up or down, according to the level of their opponent. They play to the level of their opponent).

Edit: I could honestly see the Chargers defeating the Broncos on week 17.

Problem is there is no MTZ or PTZ game scheduled on CBS in week 16. I suppose the NFL could have cross-flexed the Rams-Seahawks game over to CBS (which would leave Packers-Cardinals as a stand alone DH game on FOX), but why bother? Besides, ETZ and CTZ teams are scheduled for the late window almost weekly.
half the time we only get 2-3 games on late anyways.

It also helps the Steelers that the Jets have to face the Patriots again.
I'm also guessing that you agree that the Steelers are the second best team in the AFC at this time.

I absolutely agree with that. I think Cincinnati has the best roster (1-53) in the AFC, but without Dalton they don't stand a chance (I'm still not sure even with Dalton that they'd be successful, given his past playoff performances). IMO, Denver has the best defense in the AFC, but given their offense is a hot mess, I would give them two chances in Foxboro- slim and none. That leaves the Steelers. Yes, Brady and Belichick have had a lot of success against the Steelers over the years, but I never remember them being this deep at the receiver position. Brown, Bryant, Wheaton, Miller.......and even Williams catches the ball out of the backfield. That's quite an assembly of weapons. And love him or hate, Roethlisberger is one tough SOB, and more importantly he's a proven postseaon winner

Reactions: fhsucade07
It would be nice if the Steelers were able to get a few injured back before the Post Season, but don't see that happening. (Bell, Pouncey for starters.)

Week 13-Top 10
1. Panthers
2. Cardinals
3. Patriots
4. Seahawks
5. Bengals
6. Broncos
7. Packers
8. Steelers
9. Chiefs
10. Jets

Week 13- Bottom 10
32. Chargers
31. Titans
30. 49ers
29. Browns
28. Lions
27. Ravens
26. Cowboys
25. Saints
24. Rams
23. Jaguars

I'll say this about Brock Osweiler, it's hard to say whether he is a good or mediocre QB. He's playing exactly the way the Broncos' coaches want him to as a game manager. Demaryius Thomas has just not jelled with him. There is also a reason why Peyton Manning is so banged up & injured. I'm starting believe that it WASN'T Manning's fault that the Broncos' running backs were so ineffective when he was playing(& getting banged up), the offensive line really is that bad. Also, no wonder the lowly 49ers traded Vernon Davis away.

It would be nice if the Steelers were able to get a few injured back before the Post Season, but don't see that happening. (Bell, Pouncey for starters.)
Bell is out for the year. Pouncey is always hurt. They should of never drafted him.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Bell is out for the year. Pouncey is always hurt. They should of never drafted him.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
From what I read the other day, theres a good possibility that Pouncey WILL be back this year, I think it's up to the team to determine if they think he will help more than what they currently have.

If it were me, I'd bring him back if he's actually healthy and that leaves a person on the sidelines that has experience for when the next one goes down, can't ever have enough linemen.

As for Bell, I know he's out for the year, its just wishful thinking .... that said, Williams has done much better than I expected him to do.

As for never drafting Pouncey, why would you say that, he was the top linemen available at the time and didn't have a history of injury.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts