NFL 2015 OFF Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's happening there related that much to Harbaugh leaving? Seems like the niners are trying to erase every trace of this guys which sounds insane.

Part of me wonders if Harbaugh wanted to get out of there knowing that there was going to be some player turnover. Willis was having foot problems so he retired and Smith had been considering retiring already. Those losses don't have much to do with Harbaugh at all.

I'm not a huge fan of the Bears having to get rid of their 7th round pick along with Marshall just to get a 5th round pick. I know the Bears got rid of his contract but I think he was worth at least a 3rd round pick.

The NFL is going to look so different this year. More so than any year I can remember. So many big names on different teams.

What's happening there related that much to Harbaugh leaving? Seems like the niners are trying to erase every trace of this guys which sounds insane.

It's the York's M.O. When Eddie screwed up (royally!) and gave up control to his sister and her husband, their first order of business was to remove all traces of the team's prior success. They put all the pictures, books and Trophies into a box and put it in storage. Sounds like they're repeating the same thing.

We lost two of our best defensive players - Patrick Willis and Justin Smith. Frank Gore signed with Indy. Our starting fullback was arrested for Domestic Battery. We signed a WR with drug problems.

And the owner has the nards to repeatedly say "wining with class"?

Part of me wonders if Harbaugh wanted to get out of there knowing that there was going to be some player turnover. Willis was having foot problems so he retired and Smith had been considering retiring already. Those losses don't have much to do with Harbaugh at all.

Directly? Probably not. But, had Harbaugh still been there, would those players have left? Would they have stuck around knowing that the team was very good and had a realistic chance to win it all? With him gone, can the same statement be made? I'm not sure, but am also not optimistic.

Harbaugh and the front office had major personality conflicts. I firmly believe that the FO leaked all the crap that went on last year in an effort to get him out. They knew that by bringing instability to the team they would falter and make it easier to can him.

Well they got what they wanted. He's out. They got a company man to replace him. Is Tomsula a good coach? Yes, as a DL coach. As a head coach, other than 1 year in NFL Europe and 1 game in the NFL, we don't know. But given the York's track record of hiring head coaches (Erickson, Nolan, Singletary, Harbaugh) it's not looking good. 1 out of 4 is not good odds.

Directly? Probably not. But, had Harbaugh still been there, would those players have left? Would they have stuck around knowing that the team was very good and had a realistic chance to win it all? With him gone, can the same statement be made? I'm not sure, but am also not optimistic.

Harbaugh and the front office had major personality conflicts. I firmly believe that the FO leaked all the crap that went on last year in an effort to get him out. They knew that by bringing instability to the team they would falter and make it easier to can him.

Well they got what they wanted. He's out. They got a company man to replace him. Is Tomsula a good coach? Yes, as a DL coach. As a head coach, other than 1 year in NFL Europe and 1 game in the NFL, we don't know. But given the York's track record of hiring head coaches (Erickson, Nolan, Singletary, Harbaugh) it's not looking good. 1 out of 4 is not good odds.

I agree with you. I hope the front office is prepared to go back to where they were before Harbaugh when they were in the NFC Worst.

I agree with you. I hope the front office is prepared to go back to where they were before Harbaugh when they were in the NFC Worst.

I'm sure they are. After all, they have their new stadium and all the revenue that will bring in. My cynical side says that's why they hired Harbaugh in the first place - get a good team that will energize the fans and sell the new stadium.

My beef is not only with the Yorks but also with the GM (Baalke). They have done so much to bury the legacy that Bill Walsh created, and that frankly makes me sick. Hiring a QB coach that says accuracy is not an attribute that's important for an NFL QB? Shear lunacy...

From ESPN's Schefter:

@AdamSchefter: DeMarco Murray's deal with Eagles is expected to be 5 years, $42 million, including $21 million guaranteed, per @mortreport and I.

Do the Eagles really think Murray is that much better than McCoy, or are they employing addition by subtraction??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From ESPN's Schefter:

@AdamSchefter: DeMarco Murray's deal with Eagles is expected to be 5 years, $42 million, including $21 million guaranteed, per @mortreport and I.

Do the Eagles really think Murray is that much better than McCoy, or are they employing addition by subtraction??

Yeah, why give up one guy to get another when they are basically the same running back.

From ESPN's Schefter:

They also signed Ryan Mathews .

It's supposed to be a strong RB draft this year. We'll see if they go in that direction or not...

Steelers sign D'Angelo Williams and Ben gets a new five year contract.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-roethlisberger-steelers-reach-5year-99m-deal

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...g-back-DeAngelo-Williams/stories/201503130318

1o677n.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've been a Packers fan since 1960, during good and bad. Having said that I have now packed away all my Packers stuff and it won't come back out until McCarthy comes to his senses and replaces Dom Capers. He should have never been hired and has been nothing but a screwup since he got there. In 2011 the Packers broke the all time NFL record for the worst defense in history at 411.6 yards per game and he still kept his job. The next season the Saints broke that record and fired their guy. Makes you wonder. . He has a long history of screwing up the defense in critical situations. In this years championship game all you need to know is 3rd and 19. With the Seahawks in 3rd and 19 I turned to my wife and said "Bet the farm he calls a Prevent Defense". Sure enough he went with a 3 man rush giving Wilson all day to find an open receiver. The Seahawks converted and that's the series that ended with the fake field goal for a touchdown. A 180 degree swing in momentum and the rest is history. He's done it before (often) and he'll continue to do it until he's fired. Statistics prove the 3 man rush does not work but Capers continues to call it in critical situations. A couple of years ago he actually called a 3 man rush with the other team inside the Packers 5 yard line. The other team's q-back walked into the end zone. Apparently McCarthy is blind to what's really going on and because of it he is wasting the career of the best q-back in the game. So for me there is no interest in the off-season, short of watching that circus in Philadelphia. They traded Foles for fragile Sam Bradford? Now that made me laugh!

As a Browns fan looking forward to the 2016 draft and our top 3 pick. we could go 0-16 for the first time. the sad thing is our FO will draft the wrong guy again. :photo:facepalm

Status
Not open for further replies.

2014 FIFA World Cup Official Thread

Beijing selected to host the 2022 Winter Olympics

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)