NFL 2021

Nobody backed the Chiefs more than I did when they were struggling in the middle of the season. At one point they were out of the playoffs and in the “in the hunt” column. Even then I still called them the team to beat in the AFC. It wasn’t until they became a juggernaut again did I see some arrogance that I’ve never seen out of them before. Mahomes was talking about “dynasties” again before the playoffs started. Dude win a couple of Super Bowls before you start that talk. Better yet, don’t talk about it at all, and let your successes on the field do the talking. I don’t care how talented a team is (and the Chiefs are VERY talented), you can’t be talking that crap. You need to be uber focused on the task at hand. Look, yesterdays collapse notwithstanding, there is no other QB in the NFL I would rather have than Patrick Mahomes (and that’s by a LANDSLIDE), but he has to stop with this “hero ball” crap. He’s way too talented for that. I don’t care what anyone says, but what happened in the last 5 seconds of the first half and the entire second half was nothing more than the Chiefs taking the game for granted. The Bengals punched the bully back in the mouth and the bully didn’t know how to react. Not taking anything away from a very good young Bengals team, but there’s no excuse in the world for the Chiefs to lose that game yesterday.

Reactions: meStevo and Jimbo
Nobody backed the Chiefs more than I did when they were struggling in the middle of the season. At one point they were out of the playoffs and in the “in the hunt” column. Even then I still called them the team to beat in the AFC. It wasn’t until they became a juggernaut again did I see some arrogance that I’ve never seen out of them before. Mahomes was talking about “dynasties” again before the playoffs started. Dude win a couple of Super Bowls before you start that talk. Better yet, don’t talk about it at all, and let your successes on the field do the talking. I don’t care how talented a team is (and the Chiefs are VERY talented), you can’t be talking that crap. You need to be uber focused on the task at hand. Look, yesterdays collapse notwithstanding, there is no other QB in the NFL I would rather have than Patrick Mahomes (and that’s by a LANDSLIDE), but he has to stop with this “hero ball” crap. He’s way too talented for that. I don’t care what anyone says, but what happened in the last 5 seconds of the first half and the entire second half was nothing more than the Chiefs taking the game for granted. The Bengals punched the bully back in the mouth and the bully didn’t know how to react. Not taking anything away from a very good young Bengals team, but there’s no excuse in the world for the Chiefs to lose that game yesterday.
I do believe that Joe Burrow is going to be around a very long time, doing great things .... (as a Steelers fan, thats hard to say).

The Steelers should have taken a QB 3 years ago ... there were plenty available, but they were too bullheaded.

Reactions: BillD1984
I do believe that Joe Burrow is going to be around a very long time, doing great things .... (as a Steelers fan, thats hard to say).

The Steelers should have taken a QB 3 years ago ... there were plenty available, but they were too bullheaded.

I also think Joe Burrow is gonna be a great NFL QB. The AFC is loaded with great young QB’s . Mahomes, Josh Allen, Burrow, Justin Herbert and I also hope that Mac Jones can continue to improve and take his game to the next level. I didn’t even mention Trevor Lawrence and Zach Wilson, but that’s only because of the teams they’re on and not their individual talent.

I also think Joe Burrow is gonna be a great NFL QB. The AFC is loaded with great young QB’s . Mahomes, Josh Allen, Burrow, Justin Herbert and I also hope that Mac Jones can continue to improve and take his game to the next level. I didn’t even mention Trevor Lawrence and Zach Wilson, but that’s only because of the teams they’re on and not their individual talent.
I'm not sure that Trevor is all that ... Wilson either.
But you have to have a good/great team to be a stud QB ... or at least it helps.
Damn, Mahomes is the Old Man in that group.

If the teams these guys are on, build around them, they can become great, if not they won't go far.

If Buffalo doesn't continue to upgrade, will Allen continue to be great ? maybe, depends how great he may become.
Even as much as I like Burrow, if the Bengals don't continue to get players, they won't make it back and Burrow will become a 1 year guy, they may say.

Straight from the GOAT’s mouth this time

IMG_8276.JPG

Reactions: Foxbat and Jimbo
Look at the career Matt Stafford could have had, had he been drafted by someone else.
Anyone else ...
Slow your roll pardner. If that defender hangs onto the ball it's likely Stafford losses with 2 Int's in the game not unlike the rest of his career. He was bloody lucky.

I’m guessing Bob Kraft try’s to sign Brady to a 1 day contract so he can retire a Patriot……After all, we all know how much Krafty likes a happy ending!
IMG_8278.JPG

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: Jimbo and AZ.
From si.com:

The strong NFL ratings continue to roll in. Fox says 50.42 million people watched Niners-Rams in the late window on Sunday, while CBS says 47.85 million people watched the Bengals upset the Chiefs in the early window. That game peaked with a whopping 60.99 million viewers.

Tom Brady's retirement was the top story for less than half a day.

This is going to be a very big deal.

Reactions: BillD1984
Tom Brady's retirement was the top story for less than half a day.

This is going to be a very big deal.

Here in greater Boston the Brady retirement is receiving all kinds of coverage today, but not to celebrate his great career. They (the media and fans) are raking Brady over the coals for a perceived snub in his retirement announcement. I agree that a lot of it isn’t a good look for Brady, especially the screen grab of Bob Kraft’s tribute to him and Brady following it up with two words and two heart emojis to New England and Pats fans. That followed Brady’s 8 page tongue bath to the Buccaneers organization and their fans, and he even mentioned his time at Michigan. BUT he did retire a Buc, and when he left NE for Tampa 2 years ago he wrote a very long tribute to the Patriots organization and Pats fans.

My take on it: yeah, maybe he could have included a paragraph or so about the place he spent 20 years and won 6 Super Bowls, but the overreaction to this here today is beyond laughable.

Not losing sleep over it. He played and trained hard every year. He paid his dues.

Umm, I'm not certain why exactly, but a large mob of Oakland Raider fans having lined up to dispute that claim. :D

In this one you do. That INT prevents the game tying FG. SF runs out the clock and game over.
There were many other plays that could have swayed the game as well.

SF guy DIDN'T make the play, game over.

Sinclair locking down MLB streaming

X Football League

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts