NFL 2022

Never going to eliminate it ...
The most important thing about the Combine is the Interviews the player go thru ...

Some players are able to Raise thier Draft stock, while others not so much.

For example, everyone forgot about Buckeyes Star recvr Jackson Smith Njigba because of him missing most of the year with an injury .... He went to the Combine and went thru drills and Excelled ...
Someone is going to get one hellofa player somewhere in the 1st round ... then he will go out and be the Offensive Player of the Year.
NFLPA's DeMaurice Smith pushes to end NFL scouting combine, offers regional pro days as alternative

Keep in mind the contract for the venue runs out next year as well. Never say never.

The one and only thing that can definitively come out of the combine are injuries (Andrew Vorhees). There's talk of eliminating it.
I agree. I think that the Combine is a cattle auction rather than a show of practical talent and skills.

It made more sense before intense specialization was the law of the land but now it isn't very informative.

Only the NFL could get away with showing stuff like the "combine" and the draft and have people actually watch it.

The "combine" is little more than some guys running the 40 and getting measured. Who cares? The draft is 30 minutes of action packed into 3 days. Just read who your team drafted, or who got drafted from your college, on the internet on Sunday morning.

Only the NFL could get away with showing stuff like the "combine" and the draft and have people actually watch it.

The "combine" is little more than some guys running the 40 and getting measured. Who cares? The draft is 30 minutes of action packed into 3 days. Just read who your team drafted, or who got drafted from your college, on the internet on Sunday morning.
I'm not certain how The Draft became an event. But yeah, if it is connected to the NFL, it can become a thing. I'm waiting for Weekly Sunday tailgating for commercials.
I agree. I think that the Combine is a cattle auction rather than a show of practical talent and skills.

It made more sense before intense specialization was the law of the land but now it isn't very informative.
I think of the Browns and Patriots drafts and have to agree that the combine clearly isn't helping some teams with drafting talent.

Reactions: Jimbo
Does it really matter how far a QB can broad jump? The combine is a waste of everybody's time. History has shown that guys that excel at the combine can stink in the game and guys that show poorly in the combine can be great in the game ala one Tom Brady. The one and only thing that can definitively come out of the combine are injuries (Andrew Vorhees). There's talk of eliminating it.
I Just asked if any one was watching ...

I didn't say anything else.