NFL Network Dispute? -- Resolved

I don't think that the nfl dispute is a problem. It's the fact that Charley wants to have a dispute with all the different providers . My bill has not gone down while the disputes go up .

Reactions: reddice
I've been a customer of dish since march and they've had 4 disputes already in 3 months and lost 3 channels because of the disputes. First my family was getting fed up now I am getting fed up. I'm about to call Comcast and get them to come reinstall x1 here then I will just keep one dish box with the minimum package I have to in order to not break the agreement

Reactions: pattykay
I like football, but the channel isn't worth half what it was, now that they've sold mirror coverage to NBC and CBS of the live games. Those live games were the main value in the channel.

I've been paying dish 132 to 146 a month depending on the season when I don't have too.
( Att employee discount on dtv is 10-12$ a month Total for ultimate +.4 rec. )
This One (dispute) is it.
EQ dominance or not.
Time to go.

Dish has had a bad history with the NFL Network, a few years ago, Dish got sued by NFL Network cause they moved the NFL Network from the then AT100 to the AT200 package after signing a deal in 2006 to carry it in the AT100 package. Maybe Dish and NFL still have bad blood over the lawsuit that was settled in 2009.

with all these disputes, it seems, Dish is either slowly killing themselves or trying to use the negotiations period for every negotiations to try to get a deal to have the same channels be carried on SlingTV as well.

and i don't know if Dish is still unable to negotiate for carriage of NFL Sunday Ticket, which i think is still an DirecTV only package.

NFL has 60 million subscribers without dish, they don't need dish.
Fans will go where they have to.
Dish will just lose more customers.
No NFL or Red Zone.
Yeah good luck Dish with this one.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
You have seriously underestimated the greed of the NFL and Corp. america. More subs. mean more money.

Only half the season is mirrored, and the dispute includes Red Zone channel.

It still isn't worth an increase, as 10 games are no longer exclusive (5 each to NBC and CBS with 8 late season games remaining on NFL Net only), so Dish and every provider are now paying double for those 10 weeks of game coverage. Some may like it, but I don't care for a highlight channel. I want to watch the entire game, so Redzone isn't worth much in my opinion.

Reactions: gms49ers
It still isn't worth an increase, as 10 games are no longer exclusive (5 each to NBC and CBS with 8 late season games remaining on NFL Net only), so Dish and every provider are now paying double for those 10 weeks of game coverage. Some may like it, but I don't care for a highlight channel. I want to watch the entire game, so Redzone isn't worth much in my opinion.

Define 'increase', or is your argument yet another blind defense of Dish without knowing what either side is asking for?

You don't mess with football, at some point the defenders will be all that's left.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Define 'increase', or is your argument yet another blind defense of Dish without knowing what either side is asking for?

You don't mess with football, at some point the defenders will be all that's left.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
OK so you're saying NFL net was dropped because they didn't want an increase, or are you just another Dish hater that wants to crap in every thread about a dispute? How many networks ask for a decrease or the status quo?

Talk about asinine logic. Get real and FYI I don't have Dish anymore. I look at the industry as a whole and what's best for ME the consumer. If that means dish, direct, comcast or tiddly winks in the middle of podunk America is dropping some channels to get rid of the bundling and niche channels that barely draw 40000 viewers a week/month/quarter/year then so be it.

It's common sense any channel that sells more than half of their highest rated programming to another network is worth less.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Reactions: dare2be
Everyone says "someone needs to take a stand against sports networks". Dish takes a stand against sports networks, and everyone is up at arms. Interesting logic. Just goes to show, you can never please even half.
Dish doesn't have enough of a sports bill to Justify them needing to take a stand.
Dish has less sports offering than even my local Cable company that's not even a national provider.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

They were unable to come to terms on a new distribution contract for the service, which is one of the most expensive to carry. According to media industry consulting firm SNL Kagan, the NFL Network has a monthly fee of $1.31 per subscriber.

Besides carrying eight Thursday games exclusively, the channel also shares broadcast rights to 10 other Thursday games with NBC and CBS. In addition, its programming includes news and information on all things NFL. The network is also starting to offer more original programming as well. However, when it doesn’t have a game on, ratings for the NFL Network tend to be very small.

Dish has in the past railed against the rising costs of sports channels. While it carries ESPN and other sports outlets, it steers clear of most regional sports networks that carry local baseball, basketball and hockey. Like other pay-TV distributors, Dish has offered the NFL Network on a specialty tier of channels instead of requiring that all of its 14 million customers pay for it.

What a sweet racket, forcing everyone to pay for NFL Football when relatively few people watch the channel.

Dish doesn't have enough of a sports bill to Justify them needing to take a stand.
Dish has less sports offering than even my local Cable company that's not even a national provider.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

It is clear you are not happy with Dish as your programming provider. Rather than just post complaint after complaint, why don't you just vote with your feet, go to cable (if available) or DirecTV and be happy. Also, what is the name of this small cable operator with all the sports?

Reactions: JSheridan
My son was all pissed off because Time Warner doesn't carry the NFL Network, until I told him that Verizon Wireless furnishes NFL Mobile and he can watch the games through his phone for free. He's happy again.

The other thing with all this is the multi-sport pack should not be $13.00. Come NFL Season if there is no RedZone, it is very hard to justify a package that is basically RSN's with blacked out games, as well as Strikezone, PAC12 network, and a couple of niche channels. Although it says Longhorn Network, SEC Network, those have always been included in AT120+ which is needed for multisport pack. Now with Big10 being national, there isn't the same need for it in multi-sport pack. Granted you get NBA, MLB, and NHL networks if you have AT120+ and not AT200 or above. But still, $13.00 for this with no RedZone?

The other thing with all this is the multi-sport pack should not be $13.00. Come NFL Season if there is no RedZone, it is very hard to justify a package that is basically RSN's with blacked out games, as well as Strikezone, PAC12 network, and a couple of niche channels. Although it says Longhorn Network, SEC Network, those have always been included in AT120+ which is needed for multisport pack. Now with Big10 being national, there isn't the same need for it in multi-sport pack. Granted you get NBA, MLB, and NHL networks if you have AT120+ and not AT200 or above. But still, $13.00 for this with no RedZone?

You've made an excellent decision which will save you $13.00 per month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts