NFL Network Dispute? -- Resolved

Dish ends blackout with NFL Network with multi-year carriage deal
Whacking a mole in its ongoing saga of content licensing impasses, Dish Network announced that it has reached a multi-year carriage agreement for NFL Network and RedZone.
Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
Dish remains in a protracted broadcast retransmission impasse with Tribune Media that has blacked out 42 network affiliates in 33 markets for close to a month. And it has an emerging retrans impasse with Sunbeam that threatens to blackout NBC and CW affiliates in Boston and a Fox affiliate in Miami.

http://www.fiercecable.com/cable/dish-ends-blackout-nfl-network-multi-year-carriage-deal

I wish there was a Flex pack add-on for NFL Network and RedZone. I don't want the Top 120+ package to be able to subscribe.
Until there is an official announcement and the Flex package is introduced along with the add ons we don't know for sure what might become part of it. DISH literally just came to the agreement with NFL, no way to know if it included being involved in the Flex package.

Until there is an official announcement and the Flex package is introduced along with the add ons we don't know for sure what might become part of it. DISH literally just came to the agreement with NFL, no way to know if it included being involved in the Flex package.

I'm curious to see if it will be in the flex pack. Perhaps that is what the hold up was all along. Also curious to know if the recently announced PS Vue agreement to carry these channels had any part to play. No way to know, but the timing is interesting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am certain as I can be it will not be in the Flex pack. But it isn't out of the question it could be in an add on pack.

So in the end, Dish saved 50 days worth of money during a dead period of viewership for the channel. Not too bad at all.

Lol. Getting it in the Sling package was important considering PSVue will have it.

Yep, NFL Network was never in any of the AT120 or AT120+ packages. It was removed from AT100 in 2008

So in the end, Dish saved 50 days worth of money during a dead period of viewership for the channel. Not too bad at all.

you do not know that as a fact as it could be possible they had to pay something for the time it was off. I am sure they won't tell us either way.

That would be true if the channel stayed on the air via an extension while negotiating with a true up once the new terms were agreed on.

They won't be paying for something they were not allowed to broadcast.

While I'd hope not, there's nothing saying either way. The question was why would they. That is a possible reason. Perhaps a consession to get something Dish wanted.

It doesn't appear that the channel made it into the flex pack, add ons, or Sling TV so I'm not sure why the long hold out.

It doesn't appear that the channel made it into the flex pack, add ons, or Sling TV so I'm not sure why the long hold out.

Well, you're wrong. It was announced that it's being added to Sling TV, so that might have been part of the holdup.

Reactions: Yespage and Tampa8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts