NFL Network Leaving AT100 Package

If I change my current package to the HD Only Package for $29.99. Do I need to sign a new 2 yr agreement with them? I just finished my 2 yr agreement earier this month. I am really bummed about not having NFLN. Even though 90% of this channel is garbage, it is nice for the NFL combine and the few games they broadcast.

Let me guess. If they don't, you are going to leave!?! :rolleyes:

Not strongly. :D

DIRECTV got emperor's syndrome and I left for DISH. DISH seems to be headed that way and that concerns me greatly. I'm definitely not going to drop DISH for Commiecast so I"m praying that a fiber delivery enters the fray in my area (FIOS please!) to give me an good option for DISH if DISH continues down the path of Emperor's syndrome.

As long as DISH offers the channels I want at a price lower than anyone else, I'm staying. But that may not be the case in a few years the way DISH is heading.

Looking at the big picture, this NFL Network is probably supposed to be a revenue boost for DISH. DISH's stock has been declining the last couple months with no promising growth drivers that I've seen to strengthen DISH's stock value -- so DISH management probably thought up the idea to move NFLN to AT200 to try to increase average subscriber revenue using those who would upgrade from AT100 to AT200. It's my personal opinion that a NFLN price increase, if any, did not force this move.

Of course, a month ago, I was trying to cut costs (since everything is getting so costly) and cut my programming package from AT200 to AT100. Cost me $5 to do so, then had to call AGAIN two weeks later and remind them to downgrade it. I am a football junkie, so, of course, one of my main considerations was "is NFL Network included?". I visited their website, and yes, it was. So, I downgraded. No asterisks, no warning. Today, I got home from work and turned on NFL. No go. I called customer service and she gave me some line "it was only on a trial basis". I asked where it said that and she stammered and stuttered. Sickening. I told her it's false advertising. I find it interesting that they've added "if this concerns NFL Network, press 1" to their automated phone system. http://www.satelliteguys.us/images/smilies/mad.gif

I can't believe these people removed the NFL network from my package. I subscribe to Dish latino Max. There should be no reason for them to remove it. This is not a basic package.

I am seriously going to consider D* when my contract expires.

Could it be that if you subscribe to dishHD as noted above, they give you the NHL channel back?
Yes, NFL-HD and NHL-HD are both still in the $29.99/month DishHD package ("HD Only"). I watched some of the Rangers/Washington game last night.

If I change my current package to the HD Only Package for $29.99. Do I need to sign a new 2 yr agreement with them? ...
No current Dish customer, who has switched to the $29.99 dishHD (only) package, has reported a 2 yr commitment requirement.

Talon Dancer

Question: If you have the at100 package and had the old hd package(20.00) which had all the hd minus movie channels. Should the NFL network remain for that package. I have the 250 pack, but many of my freinds switched to dish on at100 just for the NFL network! I think if you pay for the did highend hd pack it should be included!

There was typically more channels than the package name implied. Of course, a lot of channels are "filler", i.e. audio/music, shopping channels, public-interest (free otherwise). This page, DISH Network -- America's Top 100, lists the channels in AT100. I counted (131) (66 in 1st column x 2 minus 1). (24) are public-interest; (35) are audio; (18) are shopping; and (5) are religious. How many "real" channels does that leave ?

When you put it like that, you are left with 49 "real" channels. Of course, I don't even consider some of these "real". I wish they'd just come back out with a Top 50 that removed everything you just mentioned from the package. However, I guess that's why I can set up my favorites guide. :D

NFL network removed from AT100

I just did an online chat as I noticed NO NFL NETWORK..

I will include a transcript of the chat, but what is more interesting is that fact that when I ordered dish network less than 30 days ago, I specifically asked if NFL network was included in the AT100 package. I was told it was so I signed up. Now, all of a sudden it is now apparently retroactively a free preview?? If you look at your laminated channel card, it is listed as part of the AT100 package, as well as on their website (as of 2.21.08) http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/pdf/programming/SD_Channel_Lineup.pdf

I have gotten other channels as free previews and they are of course not listed as being part of my lineup

So it appears to me, that to legally get out of their contracts, they are asserting that it was a free preview.

The person I spoke with could provide no evidence that NFL network was ever intended as being a "free preview" before they decided it was one earlier this year. Meaning that it was not intended or ever was a "free preview" but was actually a part of the package.

I will be looking into it further, and calling direct tv and seeing what they have to say, as well as reviewing my contract. If it is as it appears I will be contacting my attorney general and the BB in my state and I urge others to do so as well (along with making a big stink on forums
smile.gif
.)

I know most people probably have larger packages, but I dont watch alot of tv and just wanted to make sure I got the NFL network so this is a pretty big deal for me.

Here is my brief conversation, notice the automatic response to questions about NFL network.

Sorry If I appear to be a Moron, but I was fishing a bit
wink.gif

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
You have been connected to (05-03) Jared P.
(05-03) Jared P: Thank you for choosing Dish Network the leader in DVR and HD. How may I assist you?
Nathan: Yes, For some reason I am unable to get NFL network
(05-03) Jared P: ok
Nathan: I just get a screen that says available for upgrade
(05-03) Jared P: NFL Network has moved out of Free Preview into the America's Top 200 package. Due to the high value of their programming, DISH Network has moved the NFL Network to the America's Top 200 package. DISH Network understands this may be frustrating for you, but the America's Top 200 package allows for a variety of high valued sports networks to be available to you.
(05-03) Jared P: .
Nathan: No
Nathan: It says its in the 100 package
Nathan: http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/pdf/programming/SD_Channel_Lineup.pdf
(05-03) Jared P: i understand
(05-03) Jared P: but that was because it was a free preview
Nathan: No it wasn't
Nathan: I was told it was included
(05-03) Jared P: yes sir it was
Nathan: not as a free preview
Nathan: when I ordered it
Nathan: and is listed in your permanently laminated sheet
(05-03) Jared P: it was for the last year
Nathan: and on your website
Nathan: http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/pdf/programming/SD_Channel_Lineup.pdf
(05-03) Jared P: i understand sir
Nathan: so what replaced it
(05-03) Jared P: nothing
(05-03) Jared P: they were moved back up to the AT200 and above
Nathan: so now my top 100 is 99
(05-03) Jared P: no
(05-03) Jared P: AT100 is actually more then 100 chs
Nathan: well when I ordered it less than 30 days go I was told NFL network was included
Nathan: ago that is
(05-03) Jared P: I apologize for any inconvenience.
Nathan: So.. in reality it wasn't even included for the first month
(05-03) Jared P: but like i said it is now moved up to the AT200
Nathan: so who do I file a formal complaint to for the false information
Nathan: and for a refund
(05-03) Jared P: sir you were not paying extra for that channel
Nathan: yes but when I ordered it they said it was included
Nathan: now its not
Nathan: and its been less than 30 days
Nathan: so it was included for the first few days??
(05-03) Jared P: i do apologize but a refund cannot be provided
(05-03) Jared P: it was a free preview
Nathan: Where can I find documentation about the free preview?
Nathan: All information I have indicates its part of my package
Nathan: Please direct me where it says otherwise
(05-03) Jared P: one moment please
Nathan: hard to find huh?
(05-03) Jared P: DISH Network -- Packages Overview
(05-03) Jared P: Is there anything else I can do for you?
Nathan: That is not what I am looking for
(05-03) Jared P: thats what we have about that
Nathan: Where does it say that NFL network was a free preview
Nathan: mhmmm
Nathan: so you see my point then
(05-03) Jared P: Please give me 2-3 minutes to research this.
Nathan: ok
(05-03) Jared P: thanks
Nathan: you cant post date a free preview offer
Nathan: k
(05-03) Jared P: I am diligently working to complete your request, please allow me 2-3 more minutes to complete the task. Your acknowledgement of this message is not necessary.
(05-03) Jared P: i do apologize but the only online link is the on stated before, this did start on 02/19/08
Nathan: yes just fulfill the contract
(05-03) Jared P: sir
(05-03) Jared P: there in no other link i can submit
(05-03) Jared P: is*
(05-03) Jared P: only the information i can provide to you
Nathan: so you have no documentation whatsoever that before 2.19 NFL network was a free preview?
(05-03) Jared P: yes there is
(05-03) Jared P: but it is on our server netwrok, outside IP addresses cannot access this information
Nathan: I'm sorry, you have no documentation published before 2.19 that indicates that NFL network was a "free preview"
(05-03) Jared P: SIr is there anyhting else i can do for you
Nathan: Could you please tell me if you have any documentation published before 2.19 that indicates that NFL network was a "free preview"
(05-03) Jared P: i do not have a link for that sir
Nathan: where may I find that information
Nathan: So it appears to me, that prior to 2.19 NFL network was not a "free preview"
(05-03) Jared P: that information is taken off of our web site to make room for new promotions
Nathan: Well then the evidence to the contrary appears overwhelming
(05-03) Jared P: this channel was not always free, at on time it was on AT100
Nathan: thank you that is all I needed to know
Nathan: Have a nice day

SatelliteGuys.US has just confirmed with Dish Network that the NFL Network will be removed from the Dish Network AT100 package this Wednesday.

The NFL Network (and NFL Network HD) will still be available in the AT200 Package and Higher (and the HD version is available with any HD package and the AT200 package or higher.)

Got to admit this surprises me, since they were advertising heavily that NFL Network was available in all AT Packages. I guess that won't be accurate anymore after Wednesday.

I will include a transcript of the chat, but what is more interesting is that fact that when I ordered dish network less than 30 days ago, I specifically asked if NFL network was included in the AT100 package. I was told it was so I signed up. Now, all of a sudden it is now apparently retroactively a free preview?? If you look at your laminated channel card, it is listed as part of the AT100 package, as well as on their website (as of 2.21.08) http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads...nel_Lineup.pdf

I have gotten other channels as free previews and they are of course not listed as being part of my lineup

So it appears to me, that to legally get out of their contracts, they are asserting that it was a free preview.

The person I spoke with could provide no evidence that NFL network was ever intended as being a "free preview" before they decided it was one earlier this year. Meaning that it was not intended or ever was a "free preview" but was actually a part of the package.

I will be looking into it further, and calling direct tv and seeing what they have to say, as well as reviewing my contract. If it is as it appears I will be contacting my attorney general and the BB in my state and I urge others to do so as well (along with making a big stink on forums
smile.gif
.)

I know most people probably have larger packages, but I dont watch alot of tv and just wanted to make sure I got the NFL network so this is a pretty big deal for me.

Here is my brief conversation, notice the automatic response to questions about NFL network.

wink.gif

(05-03) Jared P: Thank you for choosing Dish Network the leader in DVR and HD. How may I assist you?
(05-03) Jared P: NFL Network has moved out of Free Preview into the America's Top 200 package. Due to the high value of their programming, DISH Network has moved the NFL Network to the America's Top 200 package. DISH Network understands this may be frustrating for you, but the America's Top 200 package allows for a variety of high valued sports networks to be available to you.
Nathan: http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads...nel_Lineup.pdf
Nathan: well when I ordered it less than 30 days go I was told NFL network was included
(05-03) Jared P: I am diligently working to complete your request, please allow me 2-3 more minutes to complete the task. Your acknowledgement of this message is not necessary.
(05-03) Jared P: i do apologize but the only online link is the on stated before, this did start on 02/19/08
Nathan: so you have no documentation whatsoever that before 2.19 NFL network was a free preview?
(05-03) Jared P: but it is on our server netwrok, outside IP addresses cannot access this information
Nathan: I'm sorry, you have no documentation published before 2.19 that indicates that NFL network was a "free preview"
Nathan: Could you please tell me if you have any documentation published before 2.19 that indicates that NFL network was a "free preview"
Nathan: So it appears to me, that prior to 2.19 NFL network was not a "free preview"
(05-03) Jared P: that information is taken off of our web site to make room for new promotions

It's funny that on their channel linup PDF, it still says that NFL is still in AT100. I just called Dish since I'm a former sub and acted like I was interested in re-subscribing. The CSR told me NFL Network is in AT100.

The OP is right, and he is probably not the only one that got screwed on this deal. The OP ordered Dish Network a month ago and bought the AT100 package because it had NFL Network. If it was truly a "free Preview", Dish Network should have stated that to him then. According to his post, he specifically asked about this channel when he ordered! Dish Network is screwing the AT100 folks. Dish gives nothing away free for 2 years. AT100 folks were paying for it, so they should expect their bill to go down about $1 a month because of the deletion of that channel, correct???

I used to argue with people on how much better Dish was than Direct. God I hope I don't end up eating my words.

Of course this was not a " free preview". Dish Network is just saying that to fool the suckers. The real reason they took the NFL network out of their basic package is out of retaliation against the channel for allowing both CBS and NBC to carry the Patriots vs. Giants game at the end of the season. Both D* and E* were very upset about the NFL's decision on this. I don't blame Dish for removing the channel, I would have done the same thing ( maybe worse). What I don't appreciate from Dish Network is not being honest about the situation. if they came out and told everybody the real reason why they yanked the channel I am sure most people would understand. Telling us that the "free preview" has expired is an insult to our intelligence and it pisses me off.

I will include a transcript of the chat, but what is more interesting is that fact that when I ordered dish network less than 30 days ago, I specifically asked if NFL network was included in the AT100 package. I was told it was so I signed up. Now, all of a sudden it is now apparently retroactively a free preview?? If you look at your laminated channel card, it is listed as part of the AT100 package, as well as on their website (as of 2.21.08) http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads...nel_Lineup.pdf

smile.gif
.)

wink.gif

How many times am I going to have to see this post? Holy crap! It says in every contract from D* and E* that programming can change at anytime for what ever reason. Get over it already!

"Free preview" bullsh*t.... Dish should just say that the NFL Network demanded more money and people *would* believe that !! Quit lying saying it was a free preview all this time. It was *not* !

According to EKB, it started on AT120. Hmmm, that means it was *not* available to AT60 customers, hence not a free preview....

A Dish press release dated June 26, 06, says it's available in AT60. Eric Sahl says "NFL Network in America's Top 60 package allows DISH Network to bring this service to our customers at the lowest price in the industry, further strengthening the choice of our programming options." And Brian Decker of the NFL Network said "NFL Network in America's Top 60 package allows DISH Network to bring this service to our customers at the lowest price in the industry, further strengthening the choice of our programming options." Guess Dish fooled him, huh ??

so you post this same thing in the original thread about the NFL network and you start your own thread with the same post too?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts