NFL Network Leaving AT100 Package

I have to agree with the point that Dish reserves the right to "Change programming at anytime without notice". Whether that is a month from now, or within the next hour.

This will always protect them and others from lawsuits. It is clearly stated.

Everyone has a right to complain, but it is right there in plain English.

It is just TV, and I do understand peoples gripe about feeling "screwed". Now you have to pay essentially $10 for that 1 channel.

There are ways you could go:

1. if you don't have a contract, upgrade in September 2008 to AT 200 for about 5 months, to get it then downgrade. Hell, the games it broacasts don't begin until after Thanksgiving. You could wait do it then. ESPN, FOX, and CBS provide a ton of coverage on the NFL, so I don't think you will be really missing abything.

2. You could dump satellite/cable altogether and just go with an antenna and watch the OTA staions in HD/digital(if applicable). This would really hurt them, and about the only way you can hurt these companies. Don't give them any money.

3. You could go to the HD ONLY pack. It is in there, but granted you may loose a lot of channels that you watch alot in SD.

4. You could get a single DISH NOW!/YA! prepaid receiver. Attach it to your system, and A la carte almost all the programming. This can be added like a prepaid phone to a currrent system. It only works on a prepaid basis, but you could prepay for 1 days worth of service(say on the night a Thursday night game is being shown), and then be done with it). Costs between $1-$2 to view a game that way, or some other type of programming/event that you want to watch once, and only one. I do this with professional boxing(will do this tomorrow with the Heavyweight Title fight being shown on HBO) as well.

The PPV/HD/Regional sports network/and locals will all be seviced through your current setup.

The Dish prepaid box would just be an addendum to your system. They typically(either the Phillips 3900 or more likely the DP301) go for $40-$50 each when ordered.

I do feel for all of you who are PO'd, but there are ways to still get what you want.

As for the phone reps telling people it's available in AT100, at that time, that's true. You can almost be certain that people at this level (customer service, sales, tech support) do NOT know details like this so they really didn't mis-lead anyone either.

I don't have a problem with them removing it from AT100, as their terms do say programming is subject to change.

But I would like to smack the moron in the head with a 2 x 4 at Dish who said that the NFL Network in AT100 has been a "Free Preview" for the past two years.

That has to be the STUPIDEST thing I have heard in a long long time.

Yeah, that was a really poor decision.... Was it actually an official response or comment from Dish ? They can't go back in time and change the evidence that exists saying/suggesting otherwise that it was a free preview.

This is all the proof you need that it wasn't a "free preview".

Reaction from NFL Network:

We are aware of Dish’s unfortunate decision, which is not in the best interest of its many subscribers who are football fans, especially this week with NFL Network’s exclusive coverage of the scouting combine featuring incoming college players from all over the country,” said Dan Masonson, the NFL’s director of corporate communications.

There are ways you could go:

1. if you don't have a contract, upgrade in September 2008 to AT 200 for about 5 months, to get it then downgrade. Hell, the games it broacasts don't begin until after Thanksgiving. You could wait do it then. ESPN, FOX, and CBS provide a ton of coverage on the NFL, so I don't think you will be really missing abything. .

the first game on nfln is actually on thanksgiving night, not after thanksgiving....you would think someone named steelesrule would know that.

also nfln isnt just about the 8 games its about other programs as well but i dont want to get into that for the 597 time.

yay directv.

Reaction from NFL Network:

We are aware of Dish’s unfortunate decision, which is not in the best interest of its many subscribers who are football fans, especially this week with NFL Network’s exclusive coverage of the scouting combine featuring incoming college players from all over the country,” said Dan Masonson, the NFL’s director of corporate communications.
That's classic.... If any football fan is soooo die-hard that they want to watch players trying out for pro teams, they won't have hesitation upgrading to AT200. The NFL Network's head isn't screwed on right.

the first game on nfln is actually on thanksgiving night, not after thanksgiving....you would think someone named steelesrule would know that.

also nfln isnt just about the 8 games its about other programs as well but i dont want to get into that for the 597 time.

yay directv.

You are correct. The first game is on at 8pm on Thanksgiving night.

Next, don't troll, which you are obviously doing.

You like it THAT much(which shows me you have no other life) then by all means, spend your money how you see fit.

But please list these great other programs that The NFL Network is showing which is so worthwhile.

This, I have got too read.

You like it THAT much(which shows me you have no other life) then by all means, spend your money how you see fit.

But please list these great other programs that The NFL Network is showing which is so worthwhile.

Don't take it personal! Look where its coming from. A Cowboys fan.:rolleyes:

ok:
1 - nfl replay shows....1.5 hour versions of the 5 best games of the week which is about 100 games during the year.
2 - the "americas game" shows (by the masters at nfl films) on each superbowl champ which was nominated for a sports emmy award.
3 - total access nightly with updates on the weeks games.
4 - nfl gameday showing all the highlights of all the games unlike espn who jumps around with other stuff all show.
5 - classic superbowls in their entirety....so cool.
6 - the jamie dukes show....he is totally funny.
7 - on location superbowl week with 100+ hours of superbowl coverage....interviews with a whos who in football.
8 - hall of fame week shows.
9 - draft preview shows.
10 - nfl scouting combine shows.
11 - nfl films presents shows.
12 - hall of fame week shows.
13 - college football analysis shows.

....you think im "obviously trolling" and i think you are "obviously making dumb statements" about the other programs.

dcowboy7: You're obviously a big football fan (and I respect that). Can you tell us what programming package you subscribe to ? If you had AT100 and lost NFL Network, would you upgrade to keep it ?

I agree with Hall. If I like this channel as much as you obviously do. I would not hesitate to upgrade to keep it. If you do like it that much.

Check this out, i had a trouble call today cause the costumer didn't have this channel anymore. The CSR made a trouble call thinking his LNB or Box went out.

Why is everyone so suprised? I mean really. This isn't the first time E* has done this. Before I got E* service everyone warned me that E* likes to drop channels or put them in a higher package without notice all the time! Well they were all right ,E* keeps on doing crap to make themself look bad! I only had E* for 8 months ,and it only took me 1 month to find this out. So All you E* Diehards tell me ,What makes E* so great? They have Less HD,NO Sports,at all. They fully take atvantage of being able to screw with your programming when ever they want without notice, But then have the balls to call it a 2 year free preview!Fees, after Fees,after Fees, Are you kidding me?? This is what E* thinks their customers are ! DUMB. I'm telling all you E* guys DUMP this crappy service once and for all. Get Cable or Fios ,something else is better IMO. If Charle was standing in front of me right now ,I'd knock him right on his ASS for calling the NFL Network a free preview! If I had only E*, I would have dropped them in the first month I had them.Thank God for D*,still far from perfect,but better the E*. I'm dumpping E* within the next month myself, I won't miss it!

Why is everyone so suprised? I mean really. This isn't the first time E* has done this. Before I got E* service everyone warned me that E* likes to drop channels or put them in a higher package without notice all the time! Well they were all right ,E* keeps on doing crap to make themself look bad! I only had E* for 8 months ,and it only took me 1 month to find this out. So All you E* Diehards tell me ,What makes E* so great? They have Less HD,NO Sports,at all. They fully take atvantage of being able to screw with your programming when ever they want without notice, But then have the balls to call it a 2 year free preview!Fees, after Fees,after Fees, Are you kidding me?? This is what E* thinks their customers are ! DUMB. I'm telling all you E* guys DUMP this crappy service once and for all. Get Cable or Fios ,something else is better IMO. If Charle was standing in front of me right now ,I'd knock him right on his ASS for calling the NFL Network a free preview! If I had only E*, I would have dropped them in the first month I had them.Thank God for D*,still far from perfect,but better the E*. I'm dumpping E* within the next month myself, I won't miss it!

Well, 11+ million customers don't have HD and don't care whether Dish carries any or not. A whole lot of people don't like sports or only care about their local team. 200 tier is the most popular one the have and so the majority of people who actually know or care that there is an NFL network didn't see a change in their programming last week at all.
Dish is less expensive (even with the fees) than anything else out there for me, they have a really good product, and they still have channels that I watch that Direct or cable doesn't have.
You can rant and rave all you want. But my guess is the majority of Dish customers don't feel the way you do. I sure am glad you aren't in charge of my tv viewing! :rolleyes: And my guess is that you "dump" dish next month, they won't miss you either!

Well, 11+ million customers don't have HD and don't care whether Dish carries any or not. A whole lot of people don't like sports or only care about their local team. 200 tier is the most popular one the have and so the majority of people who actually know or care that there is an NFL network didn't see a change in their programming last week at all.
Dish is less expensive (even with the fees) than anything else out there for me, they have a really good product, and they still have channels that I watch that Direct or cable doesn't have.
You can rant and rave all you want. But my guess is the majority of Dish customers don't feel the way you do. I sure am glad you aren't in charge of my tv viewing! :rolleyes: And my guess is that you "dump" dish next month, they won't miss you either!

They will if enough people deside to. And to add insult to injury I just received my bill for the month and it was more. That really pissed me off after they removed the NFL Network and then slapped you in the face with an increase. I'm sure the complaints are starting to come in big time. Maybe that will turn some heads to investigate it further. That catch all idiotic phrase we can change programing with out notice should be dumped. And what ever happened to congress involvement with subscribers being able to select what they want in programming across the board? I remember that being a topic and possible intervention ( not that it a good thing all the time) by congress to pass legislation so people would have the option to select the channels they want and not be force fed or have channels crammed down their throats that they didn't want in the first place. The thing that really irritates you is the so called 50 or more music channels if you want to call them that as part of the big picture in the programming. False sense of getting more for what you pay for and thats a deception.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts